"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, August 14, 2009

Teach me.

Exodus 4:11-12 The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

When I see Lilah struggle to "see", focus, find me, look,etc. I often wonder why the Lord allowed her to be born with this vision impairment. By no means am I mad at God. I hate watching as she struggles to see. Sometimes I lose sight of the fact that God has this all planned. HE knows what He is doing. I cannot fix Lilah's eyes, but I can ask boldly for HIM to. So, I will continue...
A VERY wise man said to me last this week, "Lilah WILL see, God already has that planned. What we don't know... is if the first time she really sees...she sees the face of Jesus."

Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
As her Mommy....I want Lilah to see all the things of this world. I will not stop praying for that.
I will "Pray without ceasing" 1 Thessalonians 5:17. I was reminded this week by that same wise man that I am allowed to mourn and grieve right now. He said, "You still lost something in this process." He told me that it was OK for me to mourn. It is OK for me to feel this pain. THAT was so comforting. For those people that do not understand what I am going through, are in denial of Lilah's condition, or tell me to snap out of it...I am allowed to feel this way. Lilah is my daughter and I know how hard this is for me...but I also know how hard this is for her.
I do not know the plans the Lord has for her. I will trust HIM. I will trust HIM. Lord, help me trust you.



2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Faith precedes the miracle.

You have great faith, and you HAVE and WILL continue to witness great miracles :)

MSB said...

I have goose bumps. What a very wonderful thing for that man to say!