"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sometimes it just stinks

I will admit that some days it just stinks that Lilah has a disability. What I mean is ...this:




  • I watch babies, at church, much younger than Lilah do MORE than she does...this is heartbreaking for me!

  • I cannot go through a store, much less, anywhere public, without someone making a comment on her eyes

  • Alex, Sammie, and Eli ask frequent questions about why she has a PT(physical therapist) and a VT(vision therapist) They ask me why people come to the house for her, is it working, will her eyes be "fixed", and when we go to Atlanta is Dr. Lee helping her

  • Lilah will know NO different... I KNOW that.

I just get sad, sometimes, for her. For Lilah. I want to take it from her so bad. I would give my eyes to Lilah...in an instant. If there was a way she could have mine...I would do it. I would take my eyes out myself and hand them over...no hesitation!


People can be so mean sometimes. None of us are perfect. God created us all different. I just get very frustrated by the people who find it necessary to point out others flaws. Have they looked in the mirror? I know that God will judge them. I know that God already has them taken care of. I wish he could take the pain away from what they say and how they act towards us.

Sorry to be so down....must be the pouring rain that has me in a funk.


6 comments:

Rich said...

People come to you house to help...
In public, maybe a pair of shades would help. This is why some blind people wear sunglasses...

But in truth, it won't get better as she gets older I am sorry to say... Its the MAIN reason I started judo, to defend myself, and gain respect of peers.

She is a very sweet little girl, I do love all your photos. You should do a "Project 365"... :-)

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of willingness to give for your daughter. I wish I was in my daughter Rachel's place, my heart aches for her. Her two children are so afraid. I pray for you all every day. In Jesus name.
QMM

David said...

do you have one of those bumper stickers that says 'mean people suck?'

BoomerSooner said...

Been there! Just yesterday when we were at church all the toddlers got up in front of the church to sing a song. Maddy was up there too of course. She was the only one not waving to her parents...ouch! Sometimes those little things hurt... ALOT! It is so normal. Keep Trucking! Looks like she is doing great with patching. Her eye is looking good.

Katie said...

David,
I wish I did have that bumper sticker!!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone left great comments!

My 2cents is that Lilah really will is not uphappy being who she is. When she is old ehough to realize other's rejection and pity, she will draw strength from the acceptance she has in her own family. And maybe, like Rich, take on a means to establish herself in a way that shows strength and ability.
Barbara