"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Experience for Mommy

Today will be a first for me. Actually today will be several firsts for me. This morning I will be taking Lilah to my friend's house to spend the day.(Thank you, again, Neena!) Mommy will be with Sammie at the hospital.
"Sammie doo" will be having her tonsils and adenoids removed. (Sammie, alone this year, has been sick with various nasal and throat issues 4 times.)
As a Mommy...you worry. Something the Lord gave us to sense our children and take care of them. Here are just a few random concerns for the day. As I write them I am trying to listen to the Holy Spirit to comfort myself.
  • I have never left Lilah for longer than 3 hours. (Lilah is a very patient baby and loves Neena's kids. She has been there many times and knows the smells and sounds at Neena's house)
  • Lilah hasn't take a bottle and barely drinks from a sippy cup. (I have pumped enough for her, and prepared plenty of baby food. She will be fine for one day. It is just one day.)
  • I have never had to put my kids "under" for any reason. (Thank you, Marci...my anesthetist friend, who told me exactly what to expect. Thank you to my best friend, Tammie, a PEDS RN, for telling me what will happen when she gets to the room.I LOVE having people I know in the medical field!)

So, today I am asking for prayers for my girls.
Please pray that Dr. Oliver, a friend of my Mom's significant other, will have steady hands, and that the Lord will guide him while he is operating on Sammie. Please pray that Lilah will do great at Neena's and that she will take the milk and juice from the cup. Please pray that Alex and Eli are well behaved for Neena, and that they will play nicely with Jake, Kendall, and Isabella.
I trust that the Lord will keep Sammie safe. I know that my strong willed little girl will do great. I ask for peace, wisdom, and strength.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right in there praying with you.
Blessings
QMM

Anonymous said...

Prayers said!

Lisa Christine said...

oh, I missed this post! I hope that everything went well yesterday! Please give us an update when you have a chance :)

susan d. said...

I have never posted before but I live in RI and know your sister Allison who came in our office as a pharmaceutical rep. I have known your sister for a few years. She told me of the birth of Lilah and this website which I must admit haven't followed that closely. BUT, the Lord prompted me to check it one day in August and this is the day Christian was born. Talk about God talking to us! I think your website is truly amazing.
I would like to tell you that I have been praying for Lilah and all the intentions that you have expressed (except the tonsils) without reading your postings and requests. You have a wonderful gift from God. If we could only listen, taste,smell and feel as Lilah does. God has given her talents that we can pray for. In the pictures she is so intent on absorbing all around her. Her senses are so heightened. We have to make such an effort to do what comes so natural for her. I could go on and on but I am so moved today because I finally spent a few minutes reading back to the birth of Christian that I felt the need to share with you my thoughts.
I love the manner which you write. What a conversation. WE could all take a great lesson on how to express our relationship with God.
Will write more at another time.
My prayer is that may God hear and grant all your wishes.