Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
PSALM 31:14 But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God!"
Monday, October 26, 2009
- Who cares that Lilah doesn't crawl yet?
- Who cares that Lilah isn't talking up a storm?
- Who cares that Lilah isn't standing?
- Who cares that the child that was born on the same day as Lilah is walking?
- Who cares that Lilah is different?
- Who cares that sometimes this world can be REALLY mean?
- Who cares that Lilah looks a little different?
- Who cares?
You know why I say "who cares?" Because I don't care and Christ doesn't care. All I see is a perfect child.
I love Lilah. Aaron loves Lilah. Alex, Sammie, and Eli love Lilah. God Loves Lilah.
THAT is ALL that matters!!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Look at those eyes!
Do you see it?
For all of you that have followed from the very beginning...
You HAVE to see it!
The clarity, the pupils, the vibrant color, she's looking, that smile, that face, the LOVE, the joy!
MY GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!
PRAISE THE LORD!
What a celebration we have each day, but we will have a HUGE celebration when she turns 1!
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
After her ENT appointment today...
Lilah will be having tubes placed in two weeks.(This is the same ENT who did Sammie's surgery. I trust him and adore him!)
She is still very wheezy, she needs treatments round the clock, but there is HOPE in sight.
Lilah HATES to fall down, change positions, and be moved too quickly. Lilah has had so many ear infections that her vestibular system is having problems.
Balance is affected by your brain, your eyes, and your vestibular system. Lilah... being visually impaired and having many ear infections had two strikes against her. The tubes will drain the fluid behind her ear drums, help her sleep more soundly, and they will help her improve with her PT. Dr. Oliver said that there is a very good chance that Lilah will need repeat tubes and her adenoids out when she is about 18 months old. I am not quite prepared for that yet, and I know it does NOTHING for me to worry about something that hasn't happened yet, so....
I will focus on TODAY and getting Lilah 100% better before surgery in 2 weeks!
This Mama is focused...get her well, bleach the house, keep the kids healthy, and try to maintain sanity!
I look at my life as a journey...new adventures...in MOTHERHOOD...everyday!
Thanks for the constant prayers....
Lilah NEEDS them and we are so grateful for them!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Each day she gets stronger.
Each day she is better than the day before.
Each day I love her more and more.
God gave me the BEST gift when HE placed her with me.
Yesterday at PT Lilah was on all fours...for more than a minute!
She held a standing position (with weight bearing in her feet and her hands propped.)
Lilah looked me in the eyes and pushed with ALL of her might as this Mama praised her and encouraged her as she held each position longer and longer.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
- Lilah and I flew to MA Friday to see my sister,Allison, and her new baby, CJ. A surprise gift, for our Anniversary last month, from Aaron.(pics to come)
- Our trip was great. Fast (50 hours), fun, and full of new adventures.(ex. Lilah ate a Cheeto..not healthy, but who cares for a child who is tactile defensive...yeehaw)
- Lilah is rolling over both ways, sitting fully unsupported, reaching for toys on both sides, weight bearing through her feet, she doesn't scream the entire session anymore...Her PT said, "She has come a LONG way in a short month!" GO LILAH!!!
- The Lortemax is working! Her eyes are clearing MORE! As Aaron says,"Lordemax is working!"
- My friend, Rebekah, made Lilah a FABULOUS new patch.(I am in LOVE with it!)
- My Best Friend, Tammie, had her baby. They did not know the sex until delivery...a healthy, baby girl...Natalie Renee' (Tammie and I shared a long cry about how perfect, healthy, and wonderful Natalie looked. I said, "Tam..she looks great. Her eyes...look great." To which Tammie broke down...and I cried too!)
- I have been editing photos like crazy.(Trying my hand at my passion....got a shoot today)
- We have an appointment to see Dr. Pearlman, neurologist, in November(Praying for no neurological problems)
- Lilah has made some MAJOR improvements. THANK YOU GOD!
- She is shifting gaze
- Lilah reached for a toy about 3 feet away..HUGE for Lilah
- She recognizes the VT's face and smiles
(as my friend, Neena, said "She can totally see. I'm not listening to those liars anymore!")
Yesterday Lilah kept her patch on for the entire 3 hours. WOOHOO!
Yesterday Lilah was nursing...she stopped, pulled away, looked me straight in the eyes and smiled the BIGGEST smile EVER!
This Mommy has cried MANY happy tears.
I am grateful for the pain, tears, grief, beauty, blessings, and miracles of the last 10 1/2 months.
I am GLAD for each tear I have shed...
The little things...to me.... are MASSIVE...
I love you, Lord, for all of my gifts.
Thank you for Lilah.
Thank you for the struggles.
Thank you for the brokenness.
I am a humbled, grateful, amazed servant who will SHOUT your name forever.
"Take my life and let it be, all for you...Glory to God, Glory to God, Glory to God....FOREVER!"