"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Improvement

After being excited at Lilah's improvements.

I just knew her PT would be happy at how far she has come.

Not so much. It was almost as if it wasn't good enough.

Lilah has a double ear infection, sinus infection and is trying to cut her first teeth. Normally a very agreeable baby, she was a little on the fussy side when the PT came. Lilah cried the entire hour. She had actual tears, crying so hard the boogers were blocking her breathing. The PT kept pushing her harder and harder, not giving her a chance to breathe and re-group. Not once did she encourage Lilah while she was sitting, rolling,etc. Just talked over her. Please understand this...I push Lilah. I make her work! But, I have also seen that Lilah responds well to people who praise her and keep a positive approach. So, I have requested a new PT.

I am, by no means, mad at this woman. I just feel like it isn't a good fit for our family.

So, in an effort to remain positive. I have attached two videos of Lilah.

I think she is doing a great job...but, I am a tad biased!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Katie, My sound isn't working, so I will have to enjoy your videos after my hubby gets home and fixes it. I am so sorry about your experience with the PT. I am sure that was very frustrating. I hope they get you a new one that is kind and patient and most importantly full of praise for sweet Lilah's hard work.

Anonymous said...

I applaud your initiative for taking care of Lilah and yourself. The stress of a poor relationship is not worth it.
Barbara