"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Waiting....

Not so patiently. Not so worry-free. Not so positive. Not knowing...it destroys me.

I have yet to hear from the Dr. Lee's office. I will call again this morning. As suggested, thanks Q, I called a made a "date with the devil" (The doctor who diagnosed Lilah) for Friday morning. I will endure his frankness, tell-it-like-it-is, heartless, no bed side manner, etc. for Lilah. I will go to the ends of the earth for her. Next to God, I will go battle for my kids and my husband!

Additional prayers:

  • For more patience
  • For more wisdom
  • For guidance
  • For STRENGTH
  • For rest...Lilah will be 6 months Monday...no sleep...I am tired
  • For PEACE
  • For courage to face Dr. D on Friday
  • For the right words
  • For acceptance...NO, I will not accept defeat...scratch that
  • For God's Mercy on Lilah
  • For clarity on her eyes, her condition, etc.
  • For love...for Dr. D on Friday
  • For continued trust

I know that God hears me. I know that he is OK with my fear, anxiety, crying, etc. I know that HE is listening. I pray that HE will help me trust HIM more. I know he knows that right now I am weak. I know HE knows it is OK. I know HE will give me HIS strength. Above all, I know that .....

Jeremiah 29:11For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I think sometimes, the unknowns are more scary than anything. We don't know what to process if we don't yet know what we're going to be dealing with it. It's hard to wait. You have a beautiful faith, remembering that God is there and hears you.

Lisa Christine said...

I agree with Kristen...it's the unknown that is the worse.

You'll do great. Just set an example of faith, hope, and dignity for that doctor....you never know what seed you might be planting. You may inspire him in a way that will help other families in the future. Perhaps he will learn to be more tender with his choice of words and more compassionate to those he serves. I'll pray that his heart might be softened and that you will have the strenth to face him once again :)

David said...

lisa agrees with kristen and i'll agree with lisa!