"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, May 11, 2009

The change in her



The top picture was taken at birth 11-25-08
The bottom picture was taken 5-08-09
Five and a half months



At 18 hours of age we were told Lilah would need "multiple corneal transplants" in order to have any vision. We were told "at best" one eye. We were told "God didn't make these eyes right."
Obviously, the doctor didn't know GOD.
God doesn't make accidents.
God doesn't make junk.
God makes miracles.
I believe Lilah is a miracle.
I believe Lilah will give her testimony and lead many to Christ.
I believe, strongly, that the Lord isn't finished with her.
I believe that someday, somehow, by God's grace Lilah will tell me...
"Mommy, your eyes are brown, and my eyes are blue."

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love the part where you said, "God doesn't make accidents." How true!

It took me several months to process everything that happened with our Cayman. I know the Bible says, "I knit you together in your mother's womb." It was hard for me to understand, did God make every cell in Cayman's body to be exactly like they are? She was about 8 months old before I could perfectly say, "Yes, God did!" Someone asked me once, "but aren't you angry that God made her like this." "Absolutely not", was and is my response. If God made her like this then that gives me peace because I know He has a plan, and I have never known God to not have my best interest at heart.

Lilah, is only 5 1/2 months old and you are grasping that firm concept so beautifully. I think that shows real spiritual maturity.

Lisa Christine said...

OK, Kristen's comment is perfect. She has such a wonderful perspective...(and so do you!)