"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Thursday, May 28, 2009

R is for...

  • Reason
  • Revealing
  • Reflection
  • Relationship...NOT religion

I have a relationship with my Heavenly Father. Like all relationships...there are good days and there are days when you are complacent. This relationship takes work. The work must be done by me. I must read my Bible. I must spend quiet time in prayer. I must confess my sins to HIM. In a relationship there is honesty, trust, respect and love.

I am often misunderstood. So...I feel the need to correct people who say I am "religious." I wonder if those people have a relationship with Christ? I wonder if those people know HIM as I have come to know HIM. He has forgiven me of my sins.

There really is a difference.

There is a difference between doing things out of habit and living as a servant to the ONE who made us. I have come to understand that I will not be ashamed of how I feel. I have come to learn that I will be unapologetic when it comes to my Heavenly Father. When NO ONE else is there....there HE is!!!! No, I am not preaching this morning, just felt led to help spread the TRUTH.

John 14:6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Got questions? Click HERE for answers!

3 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

I could not imagine life without my faith and I feel sorry for those who live life without the knowledge of who they are, where they came from, and what comes after this life.

Thanks for sharing your testimony with us today :)

Kristen said...

I understand what you are saying. Religion I think should be described more as rituals or traditions. But a relationship, that says so much more of what God is to you. It describes the emotional side of your faith. I too, cannot imagine life without my relationship with God. He is so marvelous to know!

Anonymous said...

Agreeing with you.

Barbara