"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine Prayer

A few days ago I posted (ok, at the very end of a post)that I called asking if the pre-school at our church, Growing in the Son, would be willing to accept Lilah in one of the classrooms. I have been praying that, if it be God's will, that Lilah would be accepted to the school for the remainder of this year.

This may come as some news to you all that know that I homeschool my other 3 children and those that know how protective I am of my baby cub, Lilah.

Well, it has been brought to my attention by Lilah's therapists, both public and private, and the O&M that Lilah needs more interaction with her peers than just the Wednesday and Saturday she receives at regular church services. They believe she gets a "lot" of therapy at home through her siblings, but they want her to be with children her own age more.

I want what is best for Lilah.

But, there are things that I must consider that are best for Lilah if I am to "attempt" a school environment for her. First, where will she happy, comfortable, supported, encouraged, pushed, but also loved. Second, where will she shine her light the best. Third, will she be treated like other children, allowed to be "included" or with she be kept in "Special Needs" classrooms forever.

I want my child to be in a classroom with "typical" functioning children. No, not to slow them down.... quite the opposite. I want Lilah to be in a classroom where there are children of all abilities.

Today I called back to GIS and the director told me that right now they are full, BUT...there may be a spot available at the end of the month. A family may be moving due to job change.

And, Aaron just so happens to be off tomorrow...one of the only 2 days this week the director had available for us to "tour" the school and for Lilah to "try it out"with the other children.

I believe that God is opening doors for Lilah. I believe that this is part of his plan for my sweet girl.

Lilah LOVES church. She adores everyone there. She walks in happy and smiling, and leaves just as giddy. She knows she is loved for who she is. She loves the colors on the walls, the turns and hallways. She knows that we are home when we are at SCC.

So, I am coming to you all asking for prayer for God to reveal himself to us with either a spot open as a yes, or no spot and the answer is no. If there indeed is a spot made for her, that it be a smooth transition and that Lilah learn and grow from this experience. I am asking that therapy days are easily changed( HUGE request!!) I am also asking for prayer for the family who is about to make major changes in their life to a different state up north. I am asking that they find a home there quickly and that their children adjust to the changes nicely. I know that if God has this all planned that it will all work out for everyone involved, but ...prayer always helps... all of us.

So, here I stand...on Valentine's Day ...at a possible crossroads for Lilah. ( Our "routine" of therapy days, times, etc, etc will be drastically changed...but...I must TRUST in God's plan for Lilah...in ALL things.)

My "baby" is growing up...exciting and bittersweet...all rolled into one!



1 comment:

My So-Called Life said...

GIS has been good for Amelia. We will be elsewhere next year for a few reasons, but it has been a good place where Amelia knows she is loved and happily goes. Hope it all works out, however it may be. :)