"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I. LOVE. Redeye!

Never, ever would I have imaged Lilah to request that I put her patch on every morning. NEVER would I have dreamed that she would not FIGHT me tooth and nail. But, each and every morning she points to the patch box and reminds me to put one on to start the 5-hour daily patching process. I believe that the consistency of the patching and my "never give up" mentality for Lilah's vision are two key factors in this. BUT, pray, petition, and God's healing touch are what have done this work.

I have BEGGED for prayer for Lilah since the day she was born. Begged. I have pleaded with God to heal her eyes. Begged Him to clear her eyes and give her sight without surgery. Pleaded that HE would take this "cup" from her and give it to me. I have asked God time and time and time, again, to heal her eyes. All the while He was slowly working in me. He has used this "waiting room" as a time to clear MY eyes and help me to see.

Never giving up HOPE...I have constantly prayed. Even when Devarro told us that there was no hope. I prayed. Even when we were told "at best one eye", I still prayed. At first it was asking, begging, pleading, then it changed to pure belief that He would really heal her eyes. I mean, I believe it. I have a peace now that I cannot even come to describe fully. God IS healing Lilah's eyes. Daily. Minute by minute. I don't just believe this. I know it.

Remember what I just wrote, "at best one eye" was the best case scenario. Just one was all we were ever to HOPE for..."at best."

BUT


Guess what God has done....



did you see it? No? You don't see what I see? well, look closer

that little RED spot in her right, bad, worse-of-the two, never have vision from, "it will just be cosmetically there"eye has grown from the size of pin-head to now an OBVIOUS red eye.

Yes, this picture isn't the greatest. I took it with my phone this morning. BUT, I don't care about that. I don't care that no matter how much I crop it is blurry and the picture stinks. I don't even care that, as a photographer, we are to dread "red-eye." As her Mama, as her advocate, prayer warrior, pusher, and HOPEful Mama...

I. LOVE. RED EYE!

This RED is proof positive that my prayers are being heard. This RED is proof that Jesus CAN and will do all things IF we believe in HIM. If we trust Him, obey HIM, believe HIM, and come to HIM with our greatest desire with a "pure heart." He will, He can, and He does.

The patch covers her "good" eye. Her almost clear, never had a corneal transplant eye. The right eye has never had a transplant. Her right eye wasn't suppose to have any vision. Her right eye....has RED reflex now.

Do you understand the power behind those words?

My child was born BLIND. White corneas. NO red reflexes. Promised ONLY transplants, glaucoma, and blindness by a mean doctor.

GOD said NO!

God said, "Don't believe what this world says about her. Believe me."

I do. I have. I am.

Lilah has 2 RED reflexes, 0 corneal transplants...

1 BIG miracle!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh Lilah! God loves you so much. It is so clear he is using you to teach those of us who have the real disabilities to see clearly. What matters is his love. And how clearly you show that with your wonderful smile and your redeye.

You go girl!