"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Atlanta Bound Tomorrow

Tomorrow morning we will be loading the car up with our family of six and heading to Atlanta for Lilah's appointment with Dr. Greenberg. The last appointment she had was for her post-op visit. In the few months since her Strabismus Surgery on her right eye, Lilah has improved TREMENDOUSLY!

I am at peace about the appointment and even the fact that Dr. Greenberg may recommend another surgery at a later date to correct the other muscle in her right eye. My perspective has improved as much as Lilah's walking has.

I am asking for prayers for safe travels for the Sharp Six. I am asking for God to hold Lilah close as Greenberg does all of the tests. I am requesting prayers for our children to be well-behaved as we travel the 13 hour round-trip(11 hours travel+ 2 hours appointment), during the appointment, and be understanding of the situation. I am asking that this appointment will go smoothly and if it is HIS will that Lilah needs another surgery that I will continue to trust in HIS plan for her.

Below is a video I took of Lilah this morning while she was patched. I wanted you all to see what she CAN do, what God has done, and the miracle that is Lilah Sharp.


Pretty incredible right?!

What strength, power, grace, thought-process and more. All of Lilah's therapists are SO impressed with her MANY improvements.

I believe that God isn't finished with her yet( any of us for that matter). I believe HE has great plans for her to continue to shine HIS light.

Thank you for the prayers for our family. Thank you for your support and love. Thank you for never giving up HOPE on her, us, and God's promises.

Much LOVE to you all,
Katie

7 comments:

Nikki Izzard said...

Please know Alex, Sammie and Eli are more than welcome at our house while you travel. I would take care of them and love them as my own.

Liz said...

We are praying for your family, the traveling, the doctor's wisdom, your nerves :) Bri loved watching Lilah walk and we watched her ride her bike too. Bri want's Lilah to come back over to our house to play!

Christy Parker said...

We continue to pray for your precious family! I LOVE seeing how God continues to faithfully hold you and guide you! The video is great! So fun to watch her grow and explore! Praying for safe travels.

allison said...

So, this is a true story...unsolicited or encouraged, it REALLY happened like this...and, is so timely. Usually, during our dinner prayer, I pray for different people in need. Here is my prayer tonight at dinner "Lord, accept our thanks for these and our many blessings in Jesus name we pray.." to which CJ says "and Lilah's eyes"....AMAZING and TIMELY!Love ya'll

laurie b said...

Thank you, LORD, for the continuous miracles that you perform! Thank you that Lilah can see, hear, walk, talk, think, etc. Please be with this family as they travel to Atlanta and back. Please comfort everyone during this time. I will be forever grateful for the blessings you bestow. Amen
Kates, please let me know how the visit went. GOD is with you! I love you!

My So-Called Life said...

Safe travels today, Katie. Praying for His will for what is best for Lilah.

Pam said...

Praying for all of you...especially Sweet Lilah. Praying for that special peace that only God can give...no matter what the doctors say...
Love you!!