"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

PRAYERS ANSWERED!

About an hour ago, my prayers...my openly, honest, heartfelt prayer to God was answered!



Penny,the director from Bloomingdale First Baptist Preschool, the school my older three children attended, called to tell me she was VERY sorry for not having called sooner.


She said that the school, the teachers, and the Church board talked and have prayed about it, and......



They are willing to give Lilah a chance in their school next year!


Penny and I discussed having Lilah come in , near the end of this year, for a few days and see what she is capable of now, that way we can see what she needs to work on to be class ready for September. Penny said that they prayed about it and that they would like to know what they need to do to help. Should they make the copies larger for her to read, what about the steps in the school, etc? She said that they prayed and that, "They have known Lilah since a baby, know the advancements she has made, how hard I work with her, and that I know them" and they know it is best to give her a chance.

Did you read that?!!


The school I wanted Lilah to attend, in the class with age appropriate children, with peers of "typical" function is going to give Lilah a chance!


I am also aware that if it doesn't work, that if Lilah doesn't fit well with the class, isn't learning, is too much for the other children, the teacher, etc...that we will need to find another school.


BUT...

They are willing to try!


And I have a list of things that I am going to work HARD on, and am requesting you all pray along with me that we can achieve, with Lilah before September:

  • Potty training ( this is HUGE for this school. All children MUST be potty trained by the first day of school)
  • Steadier walking
  • Verbal Communication
  • and more unspoken prayers

I know that this seems like a LONG way off...and it is. And SO much can happen in the time frame between now and September, but I am also realistic enough to know that Lilah will be challenged in this school.


That being said....

I know. Yes, I now because I have sung these words, I believe these words, I trust these words:

God is ABLE. He will NEVER fail. He is almighty God. Greater than all we see. Greater than all we ask. He has done great things!

In HIS name, we overcome...for the Lord, our GOD is ABLE!!!

God is with us, He will make a way, Far above all we know, far above all we ask. He has done GREAT things.

In HIS name, we OVERCOME...for the LORD, our GOD is ABLE!!! ( Hillsong United. God is able..google it and listen)


Thank you Jesus for this answered prayer. When I asked, when I poured my heart out in tears, YOU answered. YOU have answered me in the way that YOU knew was best for Lilah, my family, for us.

THANK YOU for sending us what we needed:

a school family that will LOVE and accept Lilah for who she is...because that is what YOU have done for us...you love us all...each and EVERY one of us FOR us...not because of what we do, our status, our money or lack there of, YOU love us because of our hearts.

Thank you for helping my un-belief. (just when I thought no one wanted her, where was she going to be loved and accepted) Thank you for showing me YOU are there. Thank you for providing in JUST the right time. Thank you for giving me HOPE....daily HOPE!

I. am. in. TEARS...massive, HUGE, puddles, of un-ending tears of GRATITUDE!


2 comments:

Michele said...

Praise God!! I am STILL in tears over this wonderful, answered prayer! Bless Penny and all of the wonderful people over at Bloomingdale First Baptist!! They are truly blessed to be getting sweet Lilah! Go Lilah go!! Love you all!!!

Monica said...

Hey Katie, glad you are doing well and Lilah is doing so awesome! Great news about the school. I have been thinking of you and hoping you were well. Sincerely, Monica