"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, February 3, 2012

Running for Lilah

Tomorrow morning I will be lacing my shoes up VERY early and running my 2nd Half Marathon.

This race I JUST entered into because I decided I wanted to use it as a "gauge" run before I repeat the Princess Half Marathon in 3 weeks.

Each time I run a new race, I get nervous. Even though I have run that distance many times, I still get this feeling of urgency and anxiety and some fear.

When I run races I wear the same HOPE Tank top I have worn at the others. It may be freezing, but I still wear the shirt because I run for Lilah.

Tomorrow I am using the Tybee Half Marathon as a "training" run. I am praying that I can run this race with a great consistent pace, and also as a time of deep prayer.

I will have Philippians 4:13 on the back of my leg again. " I can do all things through HIM who gives me strength."

I will also have a list of names on my left arm to pray for as I run. If you read this and respond in the comment section(generous words of HOPE) with a prayer concern I will add your name to my arm.

Prayers for my strength, determination, perseverance, no injury, and a positive experience.

My last Half Marathon I completed in 2:26. I pray to finish this one faster and more confident that that one.

This will be my first long race I run alone. The first time I will be arriving alone, stretching alone, mentally preparing alone, and praying alone the entire race...BUT....God will be with me the entire 13.1 miles. As always, HE will never leave me or forsake me.

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement.
Much Love,
Katie

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I don't have a prayer concern, but did want to wish you good luck for tomorrow! I think it's sweet that you run for Lilah- she may not realize it now, but she'll know when she's older what a special thing that is! Stay warm! :-)