"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, February 13, 2012

Joey

For over 2 years Joey was Lilah's Ga Pines representative. For more than 2 years Joey came to our home every other Friday morning. For 2 years I had a confidant, friend, idea tosser, person to vent to, buddy, motivator, someone who REALLY listened to my issues, heard my problems with "the system", gave me thoughts on how to get what I needed, encouraged me to never give up, and...


LOVED my Lilah Bird like I cannot even begin to describe to you.



The last few months without her bi-monthly trips have been more lonely than I thought. I am doing my VERY best to get to know the new PSI teachers and therapists that come in my home, but I MISS my Joey. I miss our friendship. I miss her holding and loving on Lilah. I miss her asking me how "I" was...and she meant it. She wasn't just making small talk with the Mom of her client...she really cared for me, as much as Lilah...and I felt that.

All changes in life are hard and not seeing the Babies Can't Wait family anymore is harder on "me" than I could have ever dreamed. Those ladies were "our" family. Mine...and Lilah's. We looked forward to the days when we would see those therapists. We looked forward to each moment we spent learning from them and, even at some moments, teaching them as well.

Joey,
We love you and miss you so. Its not the same without my "wheel squeaker" pushing me to squeak my tires more and more. Its not the same without seeing your face.
Thank you for loving my girl SO much. Thank you for bending over backwards to help me and Lilah. Thank you for being the friend I needed so desperately. Thank you for the advice, the help, the kindness, the words of wisdom, the chats, the laughs, the tears, and the friendship.
YOU. are VERY missed.
Um, can we schedule a day to have coffee?!!
I need a Joey hug!
Katie

1 comment:

MadSnapper said...

this is a beautiful tribute to a wonderful person. Joey is married to my best friends son, since I live in Florida and they are in Savannah, I have never met her, but have heard wonderful things about her. thanks for sharing your feelings and love with her and us. the world needs more people like Joey.