"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, September 7, 2009

Sept.2, 2009 Anointing

I am human. I am not in control. The Lord has a plan. I must trust in God's plan for Lilah.


When I am weary, when I hit the bottom of the pit and can't see the light, I have learned to ask for prayer. God has given me the wisdom and discernment to call upon HIM when I am in need.


After Lilah's last visit I was in that pit. I made the wrong choice to let fear overtake me. I got so sad and so full of worry, that I thought I did not know what to do....BUT I did. I asked for prayer. I emailed Jim Bolen, the Community Care Pastor at my church, and asked him if he and the elders could pray over Aaron and I, and anoint Lilah again before she has the exam in Atlanta. He replied to my email right away. He had his assistant, Yvonne, set it all up.

When Aaron and I walked into the prayer room Wednesday night...my heart lept for joy. Jim was standing in the room with some of the elders from the church. But they weren't just any elders. There were some of the same group of men who had prayed and anointed Lilah in December. (Jim Bolen, Dennis Meeks, Rick Monroe, and Mickey Boutwell) Now, for those of you who do not know...Jim baptized Aaron when he accepted Christ almost 2 years ago, Dennis has been a great mentor to us through many of our hardships, and Rick has been a very close family friend since I was eight years old.

God was there. God was there in that room Wednesday night. He was present. He heard each and every prayer .....and he caught each one of my tears. The Lord has begun to lift my pain. He has begun to take my guilt, that is from the evil one, and replace it with HIS peace. I am relying more and more on my faith to get me through each moment of each day. I do not know what the Lord has planned for Lilah. I do not know what the Lord has planned for me. All I can do is be obedient and believe that the Lord will see us through and HE will keep us in the palm of HIS hand the entire way.



Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5: 13-16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Amen, again I say Amen.
QMM