"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Prayer

On Saturday night at church, I was invited to bring Lilah to the prayer meeting the following Monday. The prayer group has been praying for Lilah since her birth. I was told that they wanted to pray over Lilah and I. Last night...I went to the prayer group....Lilah in arms. They asked me what was the latest, and I poured out my soul. (see the last two previous posts) I told them about Lilah's visit with Backus yesterday, and how I felt so at fault for not treating her like the others. I have held her so close, so tight...almost like an egg that was going to be broken if I moved her too fast. I told them how I felt it was my fault that Lilah was going to have to work so hard to move. I also told them how I felt it was my fault about her eyes.

They placed a chair in the center of the room, laid their hands on me and Lilah....and then....Kathryn got the oil and placed anointing oil on me and Lilah. Each member of the group individually placed oil on me... and Lilah. They took turns praying what was on their heart for us. They prayed for Lilah to be healed fully. They prayed for me to have peace about the Lord's will. They prayed for Lilah's exam in four weeks to reveal vision. They prayed for Lilah to do great things for the glory of God. They prayed and prayed...and then...someone said it, "Father God, please remove the guilt this Mother feels. Please take away the fear....." THAT was it....the rain poured from my eyes. They were speaking my heart. They were asking what I was too afraid to ask for myself. They asked that the guilt that has no place be replaced by God's mercy, grace, and peace.

The prayers that were said last night were spot on! What an amazing group of prayer warriors!! I am so glad that I went. I am so glad I was smart enough to ask for what I needed. I am proud of myself for getting out of the door, and out of this funk, to make changes that will better me...and better Lilah. I need your help to keep praying. For me...for LILAH. The Lord will answer our prayers. I know it! The hard part is patience. This is all on God's time!


Mark 6:13They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is so full of hope for you and Liliah. As I said one other time on a post, there is always an answer to our prayers. There may not be a curing but there is ALWAYS a healing.
QMM

Anonymous said...

Some of my prayers are answered by you having this experience - prayers you can hear from people you can see. ditto what Qmmm said.

Barbara