"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

How 'bout that!


This morning Lilah's Vision Therapist came for Lilah's weekly session. Normally she comes to the house on Friday mornings, but this week is different because Lilah and I will be going on an adventure Friday morning.(More about that tomorrow!)


It was a normal morning with breakfast, getting kids dressed, making them do their chores, making beds, and we headed out the door on time. Well, my car decided to shut off on me 8 times while dropping the girls off at their schools.(yes, they go to two different schools) I managed to restart the car, drift into parking lots, restart the car again, drift into Alex's school, the van shut off twice while I was in the drop off lane. The best part was it cut off as the teacher was getting her out of the car. Oh well...I got it to start again! Only to have it shut off again as I drifted into the neighborhood. Oh the joys of having an old van with issues.
So, when Marsha, the VT, arrived today I was a little frustrated with my van, but we were safe and home...no worries. I opened the door with Lilah on my hip and Eli at my feet. Lilah looked Marsha in the face and smiled. THAT was a first!
As Marsha played with Lilah we noticed that Lilah really liked her flowery shirt she had on. (White with many red flowers) Marsha said, "Her left eye looks really clear today."
"Really?" I said ...playing dumb because I saw it, but...I wanted to see if SHE saw it, "Which one do you think is her left?" Stupid question to ask the VT, but I wanted to make SURE it wasn't JUST me!
"This one," she said pointing to her left eye. "I even think her right eye looks more blue today."
"ME TOO!" I exclaimed
"Its only been a few days, "she said.
"I know...Five days since we saw you...the new drops are REALLY working." I said as I thanked the Lord silently in my mind.
Marsha kept working with Lilah, still noticing more and more changes...she said she's following this toy from a farther distance. I nodded...because I knew she was right. Then Marsha decided to try something.
She took a toy in one hand and another in her other hand.(Neither one of these made noises) She had a Sunflower in her right hand and a yellow duck in her left hand. First she shook the flower, then she shook the duck. Marsha said with excitement, "LOOK...SHE'S SHIFTING GAZE!"
I said, "What's that mean?"
Marsha said, "She sees more than we think she does!"
So.... who cares if my van is on its last leg, if I am car-less, and crazy.......MY BABY CAN SEE!
My God is an AWESOME GOD!

7 comments:

Kara said...

Praise the Lord!!!! Katie, that is the best news I have heard in ages! You really have a reason to celebrate on this trip, huh? Lilah knew she was gonna meet some new people and wanted to see them too!!!! Hugs!

Jill S. said...

praise God!!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! Not very creative words but that is what is going on. I am so encouraged for precious Lilah.
QMM

aligwhit said...

AWESOME news!!! SOOOO AWESOME!!!! Jesus is A-MAZING!!!

BoomerSooner said...

Congrats...screw the doctors..it is all about what our babies CAN DO!

Kristen said...

I am all smiles!!

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing with you! (If a bit late.) Barbara