"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The perspective I have been searching for

I have been tranparent with this blog. Very. I have opened my heart for all to see. There are days I will type and cry, and wonder...."Should I have written that?" But, I promised myself and God that I would use this blog as a way to express the true ups and downs I am going through. I promised the Lord I would shout HIS name at every turn. Yesterday I reeived an email from a friend and I have read it, re-read it, and then...I read it again. I wanted to share with you what she wrote to me. Not because I want to spread her info (Her name will remain anonymous). I am sharing this because I want you to know her perspective. BUT...let me tell you what I thought about her the first time I met her. The first time I laid eyes on her. In my mind I thought, "She is a beautiful woman. She is so happy. She is so friendly. Her smile is contagious. I need to be more like that." Please read. A....THANK YOU. YOU are a blessing.




Hey Honey! I have not seen you in soooo long!!! I read your blog and cried for an hour! LOL!!!! I want you to know I am praying for you guys along with many others, I see! I too was born with a birth defect in my eyes. I was born with whats called Morning Glory Syndrome. I had 8 surgeries on my eyes before the age of 3. Both of my eyes were crossed into my nose LOL.....They insisted that I was blind in my left eye and barely vision in my right eye. I was seen by many doctors from all over. My mother lived by faith in GOD!!! She also had 4 children as you do. I remember being prayed over by the whole church many of times and I believe the prayer its what changed my life.I am legally blind in my left eye, but do have some sight. My right eye is fine and that is how I see. As I was growing up I wore patches on my right eye to strengthen my left eye. I had people always looking at me too and making fun of me. But I want to tell you that yes it was difficult at the time but I know now that GOD made me this way for a reason!! I am who I am today because of what I have been through and what he gave me. I would not have any surgery today if they could fix my eyes. They are me!! They make me!!!Your little girl will be the same way. She will blossom and be the girl/woman that GOD intends for her to be. It might be a bumpier road than normal but that is what will make her so special. I PROMISE YOU THIS!!!!Remember that GOD knew her before she was even a thought in your mind. He had her life planned before you did. Do not blame yourself that you are bot doing enough or that this is a result of you and something you did. This little girl is HIS and he gave her to you for a reason!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!! A.



THANK YOU A!! You have NO idea that THIS was not just a letter from you, it was a letter from HIM. HE was speaking through you to get to me. Thank you for writing this letter to me.
A, you have given me more HOPE! There are not enough words to express....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very touching and I feel you are so blessed to have Lilah just as she is. I am happy you were encouraged by this beautiful e-mail.
I too believe God was speaking to you through her.Blessings
QMM

Neena said...

That was the sweetest thing I have ever read. It's amazing how God sends us signs to let us know that he is in control.

Lisa Christine said...

oh what a lovely letter for you to receive. Her perspective is wonderful and uplifting.