"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Facing the giants

Today Lilah is "facing the giants."
At 1:20 pm today Lilah will be seen in Atlanta by Dr. Marc Greenberg. He is in practice with Dr. Lee, but he is at the Scottish Rite Location. Dr. Greenberg is a Pediatric Ophthalmologist.
Lilah will have extensive tests done today. We were told to expect to be in the office for "several hours." Lilah will have her eyes dilated (a first), pressures checked, thickness checked, and she will have an ultrasound of her eyes to see if her retinal and optic nerves are working. (She had one done at 4 weeks old)
This morning I come to you...Lilah comes to you....in NEED of prayer.


Father,
Oh merciful Lord, please be with us today as we drive to Atlanta. Please guide us and keep us safe. Our hearts are heavy today as we are facing a mountain of tests and are in need of concrete answers. Please Lord, PLEASE, I beg you to hear my heart and know what I need. I need AMAZING results today.
I am asking for good, low pressures. I pray that there has been no damage from glaucoma. I pray that Lilah's optic and retinal nerves are in tact. Lord, please allow her corneas to be thinner. Please remove all the cloudiness from her corneas. Please allow Dr. Greenberg to be able to see that BOTH of her eyes are reflecting to light. I ask that the ultrasound will give results of no damage, no problems with her eyes. Lord, you know that today I am so weak. I am so exhausted from worry, stress, fear, and unknowns. I ask that you remove the stress and worry and replace it with your peace. I need your peace Lord. I need you to help me to trust you in your path and plan for Lilah. I am beyond scared for today. I am beyond scared for her future. I need you to rescue me. I need you to lift Lilah in your arms and carry her through this journey. Lord, I need you to carry me, too. I cannot do this alone. You are my source of strength. I am, admittedly, frustrated with the path that I have been on, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I love you, Lord. I know, even though I do not understand, that you love me and want what is best for me and for Lilah. As hard as it is to comprehend that...I still know it. In my heart...I KNOW....I know you will protect Lilah. I know you will protect me.
I am asking for the miracle today.
I am asking that today be a great day. I need, I need so much to hear some AMAZING news. I ask that Dr. Greenberg be a kind, loving, Godly man with HOPE. I ask that he know YOU Lord. I ask that his words will be those that YOU want us and need us to hear. I ask that you guide Dr. Greenberg and his staff as they test Lilah today. I am asking for answers to some of our hardest questions. I am asking...for a miracle...that ONLY you can provide. I am asking for safe travels. I am asking that we be able to make it to the appointment and that the flooding will not keep us from what we need to hear today. I ask that you Lord, will watch over us and guide and protect us and keep us safe.
Lord, even though I am weary. Even though I am hurting, even though I do not understand...I still love you , Lord. I will still love you, Lord...even if this path doesn't go as I hope. But, my faith is mighty and you are stronger so I trust that you will provide for Lilah.
I thank you, Lord. I thank you for what you will do today, for what you have done, and what you have yet to show us. I thank you for all of the people reading this prayer and reaching out to you for Lilah today. I thank you that you are using Lilah for your good works. Even though I don't "see" why I still believe....believe in you and your majesty.
AMEN!

Thank you... from the bottom of my heart.
The prayers are....
PRICELESS!

4 comments:

Carrie and Scott said...

Praying for amazing!

Kristen said...

Amen!

Thinking of you today...

Anonymous said...

Amen, I pray with you, Amen.
QMM

Lisa Christine said...

Well, it's a little past 1:30 my time....so that mean's 4:30 for you. I hope everything went well today! You and Lilah were on my mind first thing :)

Please let us know how it went as soon as you can. Hoping for good news...