"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, October 2, 2009

Leavin' on a jet plane

But I do know when I'll be back again!
About a month ago, Aaron surprised me with a great Anniversary present.
Lilah and I are flying this morning to MA to see my sister, her husband, and their 10 week old baby. I am the only one who has not seen CJ... and Allison and Christian's new home.
Aaron said that I needed a chance to get away from the house, the stress, the Doctor visits, PT, VT...all of it... for a few days. How awesome is that?!?!!!
So...Lilah and I will be spending the weekend with my sister in MA.
I am very excited for my trip, but it is bittersweet because I will miss Aaron, Alex, Sammie, and Eli VERY much.
This is a first for me...leaving my children...but I know that they are in GREAT hands with their Daddy. Aaron is SO happy to have the quality alone time with them. He is a fantastic father and loves them VERY much.
Thanks Aaron for the surprise! I love you...I will miss you and the kids dearly!
Look out MA....the miracle's a comin' !

5 comments:

Melanie Hughes said...

I was about to call you when I saw Lilah's blogspot on your card. I hope as I write this you are fully enjoying your much-earned weekend away. I was excited to read about and see the photos of the miracles you've seen lately with Lilah. God is an awesome God, and I admire your faith in clinging to Him in the face of overwhelming challenges. Have a great weekend! I hope to see you at the play date on Wednesday or at the next MOPS meeting!

Lisa Christine said...

Good for you :)I am so glad that you are getting away for a bit.

Enjoy being with your sister and her new sweet baby.

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear you look forward to a get getaway and your precious Lilah with you. You surely have a wonderful family.
QMM

Jim said...

Katie, I was the gentleman sitting next to you on the plane on your way to visit your sister. It was a pleasure to meet you and lilah. I'm sure it was a great get-away to see her and her new baby.

I read your writings on your web page, and it was warm and inspirational. You've done a very nice job with it, and its great because its from the heart. Thanks for sharing the address.

I trust that with hope, your prayers will be answered. It seems as though, they already have.

nice to meet you,

Jim

Sam said...

I stumbled across Lilah's blog by chance, and found myself reading your journey. I hope this is okay, as I am a stranger to your family, but I just wanted to say that Lilah is absolutely beautiful. I wish your family all the best and many more miracles for Lilah. Take care :-)