"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Glaucoma

is Lilah's worst enemy.
has the potential to take what sight she does have and make her blind.
is what I fear MOST, right now, for Lilah.



Lilah has never had high pressures. So far, Lilah has not been diagnosed with Glaucoma.

The scary part, for me, is that Lilah is very sensitive to sunlight. She has cloudy corneas. She barely, if ever, opens her eyes in bright light or sunshine.

Even though Lilah's pressures have never been above 23(before Trusopt), there is still a risk that she could have damage from Glaucoma that is unseen. Lilah could be having, or have already had, nerve damage and could have vision loss without warning.


The Bible states that:
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life ?


Why is this so hard for me? Why am I so fearful and worried about Lilah's future?

Psalm 119:147 I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.

I wake up every morning and pray for Lilah. I pray as I walk the dogs. I pray as I pour my coffee. I pray without ceasing.
I cling to scripture to get me through the day. I hold tight to the promise of Christ.

Proverbs 23:18 There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.




As scared as I am, I stand strong in my faith in the Lord.
Isaiah 40:31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Lord,
I pray that Glaucoma and blindness never touch Lilah's eyes. I pray for vision, sight, colors, shapes, textures, and depths. I ask for Lilah to be completely healed. I trust you, oh merciful Lord. I know that YOUR will for Lilah is the perfect plan. I ask you to help me to trust in your plan. I ask for your peace, strength, courage, and wisdom. I ask that you will encourage me and strengthen me daily. Thank you for my blessings and my gifts. I am so grateful!
Amen.

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

I love that you prayed for the 'help to trust His plan'. I have been pondering a lot about prayer this week, and I think the most important thing is to align our wants with the will of the Lord. Sometimes this is not easy, and takes great faith, but will bring great peace and happiness.

Kristen said...

I too noticed you said in your prayer "to help you trust in God's plan." That is key to finding peace and contentment. God's ways are far greater than what we make for ourselves, because he can see the whole picture...past, present, and future.