"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Support

I am reaching out.


I am asking for help.

Not financial help. Not physical help.

I have tried to do this alone for 5 months. I need to find other people like me. I need a community.

The Bible says to be a part of a "community." Yes, we are called to surround ourselves with other believers to help us grow in our walk with the Lord. I have a great community of believers. I attend an amazing church. My small group is my family.

What I need help with is this:

I need a support group of women, Moms,etc. whose children are like Lilah. I know each child with a disability is different. Lilah's condition is rare. I know that her condition could be worse. What I need is to be able to ask questions, get feedback, and be able to vent to those who can relate. I need this type of community.

Sometimes I feel alone in this. My friends and family who have babies,or are about to, cannot understand some of my thoughts and emotions. I see the look in their eyes. I don't want or need pity. What I need is people who live in Holland.

Please help me. Please tell me I am not alone and I don't have to be. Please tell me that somewhere out there is someone that I can say exactly how I feel without being told, "Katie, be grateful."


I AM grateful. I am learning, each day, to love Holland more and more. I try, each day, not to envy Italy.

To Lisa.....THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

I missed this post! (so thanks for mentioning it to me....and thanks for the shout out!)

I know how important it is to find those that can relate. The internet has been my way of creating a support group for myself....since there aren't any other babies like Elisabeth near me.

You are right that all babies with disabilities differ somewhat. But I think that mothers of disabled children....we all feel the same emotions. I think that we can understand eachother :)

So vent away...I'll be hear to listen :)

Kristen said...

I happen to stumble upon your blog. I see you already know Lisa. She's a great person isn't she?

I live in "Holland" too.

My daughter (almost 14 months) was born with a brain condition the same as Lisa's daughter Elisabeth.

I understand the value of finding a community of people that understand. I would like to add your blog to my roll. So just as Lisa said, vent away, I'll be hear to listen too.