"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Bond

Me and Lilah
I share a very unique bond with each of one my children. This bond can never be broken. This bond an never be duplicated. My bond with Lilah is unlike the bond I have with the other three.
Our Bond consists of:
  • Long periods of nursing
  • Holding hands...more like Lilah's hand wrapped around my finger
  • We laugh and giggle together
  • Lilah will cry and can't see me coming, but when I touch her...she immediately calms down
  • Lilah can spot my voice over a room full of people
  • Whether or not she can see my face completely...Lilah SEES me more than most people
  • Lilah is more relaxed, comfortable, and at ease with me
  • Unlike most babies who smile when Mommy enters a room, Lilah does not....but if I breathe loud, cough, or make a sound... she is at peace.

The bond between Mother and Child is unlike any bond. The bond I share with Lilah is one remarkable, God-given miracle that I am eternally grateful for. I have been told many times, and by many people, that "God chooses parents for children before they are born."God chose me for Lilah.

God chose Lilah for me!

1 comment:

Lisa Christine said...

What a beautiful post....and one that I can relate to.

I love that picture of the two of you. Lilah is absolutely beautiful.