"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Saturday, April 4, 2009

A GREAT gift

Yesterday I was doing my normal: nursing Lilah while the girls played. (Eli was abnormally napping due to a long day in town) Lilah hadn't slept much and was really cranky all day. (After 4.5 months of no sleep, I know how she feels!)

So, I was talking to Lilah and she was kicking her legs and batting her arms. She wrapped her hand around my finger, and I proceeded to do a very normal thing. I raised her hand up to my mouth and kissed her fingers. But, this time something amazing happened.....

LILAH LAUGHED!!
These are the moments God gives us to feel His presence.
I immediately called Aaron at work, put the phone on speaker, and let him hear her beautiful, sweet, giggle. The other end of the line was very silent. All of a sudden, Aaron quietly, almost tearfully, said exactly what I was thinking...
"That is the best sound...EVER!"

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What an absolutely PRECIOUS gift!!! I know you are absolutely flying after hearing your sweet girl's giggle. I am so happy for you!

Lisa Christine said...

I agree with you....I believe that God does give us these gifts. These small moments of normalcy to help us deal with the bigger issues. I remember last summer when Elisabeth was doing her worst due to the spasms. She would do nothing and had no personality. And then, out of the blue one evening, she started laughing and smiling. It was the greatest moment! It was just that night, but that short while of seeing her being 'normal' ....I am sure it was a gift.

{I think I posted about that the first week of August last year if you want to go check it out. The pictures are amazing!}

Poppa said...

I heard my Grandaughter laugh on 4/29, while her Mom and I talked about my grandkids. What a sound, that beautiful giggle. I had a hard time keeping the sand out of my eyes, or was it something else.

I am also so, so very proud of my daughter, Katie. What strength and love. She has blessed my life.

Poppa