"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, January 20, 2012

Truth...

I shared this morning and thought I would share here, as well...

THE reason I share what I do with people is to show my brokenness, vulnerability, and weakness. I also realize that people can take that and use it against me, judge, criticize, and attempt to hurt my heart. That is a chance I must take...in order for me to continue to share the truth about Jesus. I MUST be real. Now, I will do my best to use better discernment in certain areas, but I also am called to tell that this life is NOT perfect. This life comes with GREAT days and HORRIBLE pain. BUT, if I keep focusing on the pain ONLY I will never be able to see, feel, and understand the JOY and peace that is found in CHRIST.
HE has redeemed me from the lies I believed from a VERY young age. 7 to be exact.
Satan will do everything he can to keep me believing those lies that I am not worth it, too fat, too ugly, not strong enough, etc, act. BUT, I know the TRUTH today.
Today I know that no matter what Satan throws my way, Jesus loves me unconditionally. He died for me, and YOU. He came YEARS ago to set me free of my chains. He also knew that I would have a HARD, daily battle to let those lies go. I would be surrounded by "things" that make me believe those lies. HE has used several life experiences to bring me to my knees. He has used those life-altering moments to break me from this world and focus on HIM.
HIS truth.
HIS love.
HIS redemptive, INCREDIBLE love.

Once you truly accept Jesus in your heart you will be changed...FOREVER.

Yes, you WILL face uncertainty and pain. I will guarantee that to you, BUT what I can promise you is a relationship with a SAVIOR that will lead to JOY.
Will you have days,months, and years of hurt? yes.
BUT, you can also be free. You can know that there is LOVE. REAL love, that comes with Unfailing promises. LOVE that will set you, YOU, the prisoner free. You can be Paul in chains, real chains in prison and still be free from the burdens of guilt, shame, and fear. You can know that if you ask HIM into your heart, REALLY ask, REALLY mean it and NEED Him, that HE can fix and heal all that is so empty and lost.
THEN...
you are changed. YOU are HIS...
Beautiful, made in HIS image, nothing-can-separate-you, sins are FORGIVEN, price has been paid, DEBT is gone.
THEN your behavior changes.
Once your heart opens HIM in, you finally let the sin out.
No, I am not a stand on the corner,yell at you about going to hell type...
I am a truth-talking, Jesus FREAK...proud.
I fly THAT "freak flag" proudly!

I ask you to please click HERE . Turn your sound on. Close your eyes. Keep them closed.
LISTEN...

Let the tears fall. There is freedom in them. There is freedom hearing the words God wants you to hear. Allow HIM to fill you back up. Please listen, please allow HIM in. Please allow HIM to heal your heart. ONLY Jesus can. ONLY Him.
No drug, no pill, no person, no drink, no thing, JUST Him.

Allow this song to minister to your heart...
"You're the one He madly loves....enough to die"

It just doesn't get ANY better than THAT!

2 comments:

Dana Bewley said...

Love you, Katie. We didn't have power for a couple of days this week, so I just noticed you're not on FB anymore. Hopefully we won't lose touch. I'll be praying for you.

The James Family said...

Just wanted to tell you I'm praying for you and your family!! Miss reading your updates on facebook! Praying that God blesses you beyond what you can imagine this week! Your story has inspired me in more ways then you will ever know. I hope you put all the amazing things that Lilah is doing everyday on your blog - she is amazing so I hope you never stop sharing her story!