"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, January 6, 2012

Bumble bee

My Dad calls Lilah his Bumblebee.


My Dad and I have not always had the best relationship, but in recent years we have both grown and come to see each other very differently. You see, Christ can change us all in ways that one would NEVER understand.

Jesus has used Lilah to change us all...


My Dad told me this quote :

“Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.” Mary Kay Ash




Every time Lilah does something awesome my Dad will send me a text that says, "BUZZZZZ!"
Last week I came up with an idea for his birthday...
So I called a few fellow photographer friends and my sweet friend Christine who took our family photographs, has been a great friend to me, has mentored me in MANY ways, oh, and she is pregnant with TWIN miracle baby girls...agreed to come help me. Actually, Christine has been voted BEST photographer in Savannah for...oh Gosh...years now.....
Anyway, Chrissy told me she had availability that night...well, when the BEST says jump...you JUMP!
All of the images in this post are from the night that my vision came to life. MANY thanks to Chrissy for holding Lilah, taking pictures for me while I calmed Lilah down, got her to smile, dance, sing, etc
Chrissy snapped this one while I was loving on Lilah with my camera ( I probably should have sent all the raw images to her and she would have done this incredibly better)
and then the image below is what I had printed for my Dad for Lilah.... BIG. (don't worry, I sent him smaller copies of the others I couldn't decide which ones to print)
This "bumble bee" wasn't suppose to do many, many things...but by God's grace she has flown and flown and flown....
and she will keep on flying.

Jesus has given Lilah to me for me to tell of HIS greatness. He has given Lilah to me for me to help her fly. He has given her to me to mend relationships and help me see HIS love.

God thank you for sending this gorgeous Bumble Bee so I could see my Dad's heart.

Happy Birthday Dad(Poppa)...Happy Birthday.

Yes, Dad...I should have told you to get tissues first. Have fun showing off your gift at work...oh, and your welcome for allowing the ladies at work to see you cry while you opened it. I love you.
Katie

2 comments:

MichelleS said...

This is beautiful Katie!!

laurie b said...

Tears are falling down my face as I read this. After viewing the picture on my F.B. page, thank you by the way, I began to read what you've written here. I am so grateful for the miracles that GOD continues to perform in our family. I love how Jesus is helping Lilah "fly" and is enabling you to "see". He's allowing us ALL to "see". I am honored, truly honored to call YOU my sister, KT. You are such a beautiful soul. I love you so much. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU.