"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Love

There have been so many times that I have wondered if God was "proud" of me for the way I live my life. I have wondered, sometimes daily if I my life were to end today would I have openly shared Him and His love with others.
I ask myself this:
*was I the hands and feet to someone hurting?
*did I share my heart with someone who is lost, heading back in the dire tion of sin, or just needs me to shut up and be there while they cry it all out?
*have I loved like He would love?

At least one of these I would have to answer "no" to. I am not perfect. I "fail" in many ways each day.

That......is......ok.

For you and for me.


The difference between failing and choosing to live in sin, is that when we have the Holy Spirit in us we want to never be the old person again. We want to dig farther, deeper, harder to remove all the crud from our life so we can bask in His glory. We will fail. We are human. But, our failure doesn't give us permission to continue to live a sinful life just because we call ourselves a Christian and get baptized. True love for Christ and having Him in us means we NEVER want to be how we were. We beg others to call us out, hold us to the standards of God, and love like Christ does. Yes, we will make mistakes, but the same mistakes cannot occur everyday if Jesus lives in us. They can't because it's not possible.
When you have a relationship with Jesus(not a religion of stand, sit, kneel, look at me I'm a Christian), a pure, tell Jesus everything everyday, because He already knows, BUT you need and want Him in you, relationship....you change. How you see yourself changes. You don't see yourself as a screw up. You don't see yourself as unworthy. Nope, you see yourself as a work in Jesus. You see others as His work, too.
You forgive easier, laugh longer, love deeper, but also know when to say "NO" when tough love must be present.

2Corinthians 5:17 says that if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature. The past is gone. Each day is new.

This verse shows us that we CAN be made new in Christ. It doesn't give us permission to live daily in our sin. It tells us that if we truly desire Christ to live in us, we are made new and the old, bad, awful choices are never made again because Jesus steers the ship of our lives by our heart. Our hearts are different when we really let God in. Really let Him in.
Not for show, not for anyone, or anything other than ourselves and our NEED for Him in our lives.

Not sure about you, but I need Jesus in my life...and the old me.....she died a LONG time ago.

I'm not perfect, but gratefully and very blessed....to be new in Christ today.

Much love to you all...
Katie

No comments: