"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, January 13, 2012

Inspired


For those that have read this (now website) blog for the last few years, you have been able to (hopefully) see that I have grown.

No, not in a "hey, you got taller" or a "Katie, do you have something you would like to share" but a perspective, spiritual, closer walk with Jesus growth.


See, I understand now.

I get it.


I really do.


I understand that Lilah was given to me for a very specific purpose.

I am not quiet. Not by any means.


I am a talker, a sharer, loud, outgoing, talkative- type. Sometimes those things have landed me in some serious hot water, but other times it has gotten me what I needed.


God sent Lilah to me because He needed to teach me. He also needed to teach others. So, even though I didn't understand at first and cried out to God in pain...He knew I would one day "get it."

Go back. Go back and read this website from the beginning...if you want and/or have time. Click on the link to your right and read. (her story from the beginning) Put yourself in my shoes. Allow yourself to feel my heartache, but then after your box of tissues is empty and then you get to share in the joys with me. You will begin to see that this butterfly has begun to spread her wings and fly.

I am finally able to see so much clearer than I ever have.

I am able to love in a way that I never once was. I am able to feel how GREAT our God is without just singing a song. I weep. I weep out of gratitude and thanks. My "valleys" have allowed for some amazing mountain peeks.

I am changed because of Lilah.


God used her to get to me...to my heart. To work in me and find the source of the "lies" I had been believing for YEARS...and let them go, learn the TRUTH...and be free. I was the prisoner in CHAINS of guilt, anger, pain, fear, bitterness, and frustration.

NOT today. No way. I am armed with TRUTH.


Delilah Hope Sharp was sent here as a teacher.

Last night at Karate another Mom came and grabbed my arm as I was walking to my car. She stopped me to tell me that her daughter saw Lilah through the window in her karate outfit and said how cute she looked and she wanted to see her. She asked if Lilah was joining her brother and sisters taking class and I said, "Not yet." Then I began to tell how I really want her to take. I want her to gain confidence and learn to defend herself. I think Karate would help her so much. Well, as I spoke a few other parents stopped and listened. Then they smiled and said how great they thought it was.


I got in my car and had an "I get it. Thank you , God" moment. 3 years ago I wouldn't have spoken to strangers like that. I wouldn't have shared about miracles and God and how awesome He is.

Today, I can.


Today, I watch as a little 35 pound miracle, stands up from a sitting position on the floor and walks in karate and shines Jesus' light for all to see.

Her "limitations" are shining God's light and proving HIS existence more than any of our normal "abilities."

I am so proud, grateful, and in awe that I am her Mother and I get a chance to be a part of this journey. Many, many thanks to Jesus for HIS wisdom.

No comments: