"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Surgery Tomorrrow

No specifics yet on time.



The hospital called and gave me some brief instructions.


Actually the call lasted 40 minutes and.... I am grateful I trust in the Lord because if I didn't I would drive myself nuts over ALL the questions they asked and why.


Lilah's medical history was given....her diagnosis in both eyes. Her meds. Her age.


AND...


I got a chance to tell the nurse on the phone ALL about Lilah's miracle and God's goodness!


I am at SUCH peace about this surgery. I am at SUCH a GREAT place.


I have walked through the valley...but my Lord, my shepherd, HE has been with me ALL along. HE has never left me. HE has not walked away, ignored me, abandoned me(like most people), HE has been with me through ALL of this.


I am asking for your prayers for Lilah to come out of anesthesia, for the tubes to be placed correctly, and for there to be no damage to her ear drums. I pray that this surgery helps her feel confident, not be so afraid of loud noises, fast movements, and for the ear infections to stop.
(This Mama sure needs more than 4 hours sleep each night!)
Thanks so much!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers coming up.
QMM

SuzanSayz said...

Katie, take it from someone who has been there. Not only been there, but been there 20 years ago. Even back then it was considered no big deal at all. The biggest problem we had was that my son Shawn took forever to respond to the anethstesia. They don't even put them completely out. It's not necessary at all. I can't believe your doctor is even calling it surgery. It's a super safe, quick little procedure that lasts no time at all.
And this is from 20 years ago. I can just imagine the improvements that have been made since then. I assure you that taking her to get her picture taken at the Mall, will be more traumatic than tubes in her ears could ever be.
So relax. Enjoy the little bit of time to put your feet up and read a book while you wait.
Save the fear for the really big things.
Like teenagerhood.

Lisa Christine said...

I agree with Susan, I have known many children that have gotten tubes placed and from what I understand it's quite a simple procedure (as far as medical procedures go).

Lilah will do great! We'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

:)