"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, November 23, 2009

Authentic

My friend, Lisa, tagged me as a True Authentic Mom. I am suppose to tell 5 things that make me authentic. Thank you for the honor. Coming from Lisa this is a great compliment! But first...

Let me tell you about Lisa...she is....kind, compassionate, UNDERSTANDING, unconditional, TALENTED, a teacher, a wife, a friend, a musician, artist, Gardner, has teachable spirit, builds me up when I am down, and helps people understand kids like ours more. Lisa, I could NOT have made it this past year without you. THANK YOU. THANK YOU! You have allowed me to be something I am not often allowed to be....myself! Thank you for telling me it was OK to think, feel, act, cry, love, weep, wail, laugh, giggle, and more ALL at the same time. I thank GOD for YOU. Being understood is one thing I CRAVE! Thanks for really understanding.


On to authentic me:

1. My closest friends call me Krazy Katie. There isn't much I won't do to get someone to laugh. (Hence my favorite movie quote, "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion!") I LOVE to laugh!

2. I can get in and out of super Wal-Mart with a cart full of groceries and four kids in tow ...all in under 30 minutes. Speed Demon!

3. I have a necklace on my neck that has my cross AND ring words, "Peace", "Hope", Faith", and "Grace"(My girls middle names. The peace was given by a dear friend and prayer warrior Patti) This necklace is tarnished and is heavy, but I will NOT take it off. Lilah plays and teethes on this necklace several times a day. I wear it for it holds several sentimental values to me!

4. I haven't slept 8 hours in 7 years. I have been pregnant and/or nursing for 8 years. I am officially tired. BUT I would NOT change a single second of the last 8 years.

5. I grow more in love with my husband and children each and everyday.

So, now I am suppose to tag 5 more True Authentic Moms. I tag Katie, Jennifer, Mandy, Neena, and Carrie.

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Katie, I loved getting to read more about you, and seeing things that we have in common. Because all that about getting in and out of Walmart with a load of kids and a full cart??? That's me too...and that definitely makes and 'authentic mom'... :)

Happy Birthday to your little miracle. What a day to celebrate!

MamaBass said...

You are truly authentic! And you will always be KRAZY KATIE!!! (quote from Steel Magnolias right? heehee)

xoxo