"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, November 23, 2009

Birthday Party Fun!

Lilah's First Birthday Party...
Here are some of my favorite shots!
An old friend found me on Facebook and suggested that I use her friend to make Lilah's cake. Well, we came to an agreement. I took family pictures of her family and she made Lilah's cake(S), cupcakes, and cookies too. The cookies were specialized with Lilah's initials. Keylee Morgan did a GREAT job on Lilah's cake. THANK YOU!
Lilah's smash cake
Lilah's cake and cupcakes! HOPE!

"Mommy, this is yummy!"



"What part do I dig into first?"



That's right, Lilah, go all out baby!




SWEET!




Mommy and the messy birthday girl!
(I love this!)




The dress my friend, Brandi, made. She makes and sells dresses. Click HERE to view her website!
My friend, Laurie, gave Lilah this awesome frame. It matches her room perfectly!


Lilah's Loot!
Each guest really thought about Lilah when they gave her gifts. She received textured gifts, lighted toys, a great touch and feel bible, and more. My mother-in-law and brother-in-law gave Lilah the missing piece from her room. Her name on her wall. Isn't it GORGEOUS?!?!!
My friend, Carrie, gave Lilah a My pet violet. THIS is AWESOME! You hook the pet up to the Internet and choose your child's name. Lilah, correct spelling and all, just so happened to be in the list! The pet talks to Lilah. Teaches her to spell her name."Hi Lilah. L.I.L.A.H."Sings songs with her name in it and asks her to give it a hug and come here.
I am SO amazed that each person really thought about Lilah and her needs. Aaron and I didn't want anyone to bring gifts. We just wanted a celebration of Lilah, her life, and all that she has taught us. I am so touched by the time people spent in getting something that wasn't just a gift.
As Lilah's actual First Birthday approaches...I am filled with more emotions than I could ever express. I cannot begin to thank you ALL for your outpouring of LOVE, support, and prayers for Lilah...and for me. This journey has not been easy, BUT I would walk through this valley again and again to be exactly where I am right now.
God is so, very, very good!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious, precious. Looks like she had a great time. What thoughtful friends.
QMM