"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, November 20, 2009

A smile is not just a smile!

This morning I had a meeting with Lilah's Vision Therapist, Marsha; the parent coordinator for Babies Can't Wait, Dawn; and my Georgia Pines representative, Joey.

Dawn was here for Lilah's 6 month follow-up, to add OT, and to talk about goals for the next six months.

Dawn began by talking about what our goals were six months ago...

  • Lilah to reach out and grab a toy for herself
  • For Lilah to play with a toy alone
  • To smile at me ..to see my face

Lilah....was sitting next to me doing ALL of those things!

I could NOT hold back the tears.

You just don't know where you are, unless you know where you've come from.

Lilah,

YOU have come a LONG way!

YOU melt my heart each time you smile at me.

I thank the LORD for you; my special gift from above!

I love you Lilah...all the way up to the moon...and BACK!

WATCH this smile. She's smiling at me. She sees me. She REALLY can...and for THAT...

I AM GRATEFUL!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That smile is so sweet. Lilah looks like she is growing into her chub...or slimming down. She still has kisser-cheeks though. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love that Lilah too.
QMM