"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, October 19, 2009

VERY sick Lilah!!!

Poor Lilah.
After many days and nights of breathing treatments, a low grade fever, and extreme irritability...
The verdict is in...
Upper Respiratory Infection, Bronciolitis, and another double ear infection!
5th double ear infection in the last few months...
1 Rocefin shot, $50 co-pay(Eli is sick too), and $162 of meds (after co-pays) later
My gut was right...AGAIN
Lilah will be seeing Dr. Oliver on Thursday.(Same Dr who did Sammie's adenectomy and tonsillectomy)
Lilah will probably need tubes...ASAP!
We MUST protect her ears...they are her BEST sense.
I asked Dr. Cossio today about anesthesia, Lilah's cough, wheezing, etc....
Lilah must be 100% well before she is put under at all. The risk for her would be extreme respiratory distress. So...on to making her as healthy as possible!!

Because I WILL remain positive about ALL of this I MUST end this blog posting on a HIGH note!!
Check out these two photos I took of Lilah.
Do you see what I see???
Lilah is looking at her own reflection. I wondered why she liked Allison and Christian's floor SO much. NOW I know!!
All of our kids have Reactive Airway Disease and... Aaron and I have wanted laminate flooring(even though Allison and Christian's is real hardwood..we can't we have dogs and they DESTROY the real stuff) for SO long....if we happen to run into some money...I will be ripping ALL the carpet from my home...for the allergies and asthma kids....BUT also to watch Lilah STARE at herself.
It would be priceless on EVERY level!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful. She knows a precious angel when she sees one.
QMM

Lisa Christine said...

I am so sorry that I missed this post and even more sorry to read that Lilah is ill. Poor little thing. please keep us posted on her progress.....I hope she is doing better today.

I love, love seeing her see herself in the reflection. What a great photo!

Kristen said...

Katie, I am just admiring the beauty of that photograph. What a precious moment of Lilah looking at her reflection and you captured it! Priceless.