"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, October 23, 2009

For the LOVE of Lilah

Only the love of a special child could make me feel this way.
Each day I ask the Lord to bless you and keep you safe.
Every day I thank HIM from the bottom of my heart for trusting me to be your Mama.
Each day I look at you and am more amazed with how AWESOME God is.
I cannot believe you are my child.
Lilah,
YOU have taught me how to really love...unconditionally!
It doesn't matter if you cry, if you're up all night, if you never crawl, if you are legally blind, if you are so different, if you don't look like a "normal" child, if you are NOT what the world wants you to be, if you are not "perfect", if life isn't fair, if ....
I LOVE you....EXACTLY how you are.
I do not want you to be like anyone else. I want you, Lilah, to be YOU and ONLY YOU.
God has placed the most incredible gift in my hands...you.
I love every fiber of your being and NOTHING will ever change that. My love for you grows each second of each day. I sometimes wonder how much bigger can my heart get without exploding from all the love I feel for you.
Delilah Hope Sharp...you have changed me into a better woman, mother, wife, and child of God!

Thank you God for this perfect gift!
James 1:17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

5 comments:

MSB said...

Katie... God is doing an awesome work in your heart right now! Love you!

Kara said...

Look at her looking right at the camera!!! Katie, the Lord is so busy working in Lilah. I am so thankful to watch His amazing love for your family!

Anonymous said...

Precious and I love the words you pour out expressing your love. I know the feeling so well. Even when they become adults they are still that perfect love that came to you because of love. It is so hard to sit sometimes and wonder if they ever so to think how much an old woman still loves them. We hug and make over the grands but I would love to be able to take my children into my arms and rock them, even though most of them are bigger than I am.
QMM

BoomerSooner said...

I think you are awesome!!!

David said...

cute picture!

that is a loooong list of medication. poor thing.