"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, October 11, 2009

So much to say

First I want to apologize that I have not posted in a week. To say that I was busy sounds cold, but the truth is...I am always busy. There has been a lot going on in the Sharp Home. A snip it...

  • Lilah and I flew to MA Friday to see my sister,Allison, and her new baby, CJ. A surprise gift, for our Anniversary last month, from Aaron.(pics to come)
  • Our trip was great. Fast (50 hours), fun, and full of new adventures.(ex. Lilah ate a Cheeto..not healthy, but who cares for a child who is tactile defensive...yeehaw)
  • Lilah is rolling over both ways, sitting fully unsupported, reaching for toys on both sides, weight bearing through her feet, she doesn't scream the entire session anymore...Her PT said, "She has come a LONG way in a short month!" GO LILAH!!!
  • The Lortemax is working! Her eyes are clearing MORE! As Aaron says,"Lordemax is working!"
  • My friend, Rebekah, made Lilah a FABULOUS new patch.(I am in LOVE with it!)
  • My Best Friend, Tammie, had her baby. They did not know the sex until delivery...a healthy, baby girl...Natalie Renee' (Tammie and I shared a long cry about how perfect, healthy, and wonderful Natalie looked. I said, "Tam..she looks great. Her eyes...look great." To which Tammie broke down...and I cried too!)
  • I have been editing photos like crazy.(Trying my hand at my passion....got a shoot today)
  • We have an appointment to see Dr. Pearlman, neurologist, in November(Praying for no neurological problems)
  • Lilah has made some MAJOR improvements. THANK YOU GOD!

Isn't the patch AMAZING!!! It is the colors of Lilah's room...pink and brown. My FAVORITE part is the hot pink "L"
So MUCH to share...so little time...just enough to share the BEST!
Lilah CAN see.
On 2 separate occasions with her VT Lilah has done some AWESOME things
  • She is shifting gaze
  • Lilah reached for a toy about 3 feet away..HUGE for Lilah
  • She recognizes the VT's face and smiles

(as my friend, Neena, said "She can totally see. I'm not listening to those liars anymore!")

Yesterday Lilah kept her patch on for the entire 3 hours. WOOHOO!

Yesterday Lilah was nursing...she stopped, pulled away, looked me straight in the eyes and smiled the BIGGEST smile EVER!

This Mommy has cried MANY happy tears.

I am grateful for the pain, tears, grief, beauty, blessings, and miracles of the last 10 1/2 months.

Yes..I am.

I am GLAD for each tear I have shed...

The little things...to me.... are MASSIVE...

I love you, Lord, for all of my gifts.

Thank you for Lilah.

Thank you for the struggles.

Thank you for the brokenness.

I am a humbled, grateful, amazed servant who will SHOUT your name forever.

"Take my life and let it be, all for you...Glory to God, Glory to God, Glory to God....FOREVER!"

5 comments:

Teri D said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a fun idea. That patch is so precious. I have failing eyesight and I can see more than the numbers and the check ups indicate. So they got their numbers and we just keep on going. blessings
QMM

Lisa Christine said...

What a beautiful post to read. I see that you and your family have experienced many blessings in the past weeks.

That patch is perfect and precious.

I think your friend should custom make them as a business.

Welcome back :)

Anonymous said...

This post was worth waiting for, Katie! *smile*

Barbara

Anonymous said...

hi Katie!

I've been following ur blog for quite a while now. quite strange but true..lilah's condition seems way very much similar to my son's (3mths). Reading lilah's journey gives me so much hope for him to get better and of course acquire full vision with the help of God. Docs recommend a corneal transplant thus we are put under a local waiting list..(i live in singapore). like u, i'm not sure how much the graft will help him..all those fears n stuff describes pretty well what im feeling. at any time i feel bogged down with worries n anxiousness, i remind myself about your journey. im just amazed that someone out there at the other side of the globe has the same predicament, laments, fears, worries and all that blah, like me. im just so glad i 'met' u..i don't feel lonely now.

regards,
Lina