"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, June 8, 2009

Better the second time

Lilah just finished her first PT appointment.

AND

I am quite happy to report that it went GREAT!

I told Lilah's PT, Dr. Jennifer Lander, as we were talking about Lilah and working with her, that I am very sensitive when it comes to Lilah. (Thank you Barbara for the suggestion.) I told her that I am always wondering if I am doing enough to help Lilah, if I am over stimulating her, or if I am doing it all wrong.

Jennifer said that in the three months since she has seen Lilah....she is doing great. She said that what I was doing and the toys I was using with her are perfect. She also had some suggestions on ways to improve her toys. She suggested I contact the companies of certain toys and ask if there are other attachments to help a visually impaired baby.

We are learning..... Me and Lilah.
We are learning to be more assertive and ask for what we need and want. (OK more me asking than her.) Lilah is teaching me daily. I am trying to help her in every way I can.
Each day is a new experience. Each day I understand more. Each day I am adjusting to life with Lilah. Each day the comments("Why does she hold her head like that?" or "What is that on her head?"or "Why are her eyes always shut?"...by the way..they aren't shut...she is trying to see and focus.) from people get easier. Each day the grieving gets better. Each day I am helping Lilah more and she is teaching me more.
At church on Saturday I walked into Home Pointe and picked up a pamphlet that called to me. For those of you with special needs children, or if you are interested in something really amazing, I encourage you to click here!

2 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

Toys R Us has a special toy catalogue that they put together for disabled children. It catorgizes them according to what would be better for kids with certain handicaps. You can probably pick one up in the store...but if they don't have them just email the company and they will mail you onw (that's what I did!)

Glad things are going well :)

BoomerSooner said...

I think you are awesome! What a great site! Email me hemmka@hotmail.com and we will talk about our precious girls!