"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

As I was walking...

in Wal-mart yesterday trying to maneuver a double stroller, a grocery cart, and four kids...
all the while my kids were being VERY good....
Alex and Sammie were taking turns pushing the cart....
we were about to turn the corner....
and I thought to myself...
"Wow, this has been a pleasant experience"
and then.....
a lady zoomed around the corner in her powered chair and said....
"Look, its Baby HUEY"

and I said "WHAT?"
and she said, "He's a HUGE one"
(Yes, you read that right)
and I said...
"SHE is beautiful"

Now....

there are parts of me that wished I could've said...

"Excuse me...how dare you?"

OR

"Does my child look like a cartoon duck?"

OR

something very not nice


BUT

I took the opportunity to tell Alex and Sammie(Eli would not have understood)

"People may judge and say mean things about your sister, but we never say those kinds of things, right?!"

And my girls said...

RIGHT!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect, Katie!

MSB said...

I am just shaking my head... I am so sorry you and your children had to be subjected to somebody so ignorant.

Lisa Christine said...

You are a wise mother to turn that situation into a learning experience :)

BoomerSooner said...

I am so sorry that happened! I totally understand. We need to swap stories soon.