"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Unfolding

Last night at church, something beautiful happened. You know the type of thing where you are so glad you were present to witness God working? Do you know what I mean? How, if you had been too busy, you would have missed the absolute glorious gift the Lord prepared JUST for you?

Well, this post will not have pictures, so to speak, but it will have a story for you to read. If you will be patient...what I am about to share with you is one of the most beautiful things. At least to me. And isn't that it.... I witnessed the gift He gave to me....


On Saturday nights at SCC, Aaron and I volunteer with 3 & 4 year old children. We have served in that room together for over a year. Last night a parent came up to the counter, and immediately I saw them. I saw Stephanie's beautiful blue eyes move, like Lilah's. She told me that she volunteers in this room after me and really wants to change rooms because her daughter got too upset with her in the room. So, I walked her to Maureen and we talked about what room would be best for her. Then she said it, "I was thinking the 2 year old room." My heart danced.

I heard God speak, "talk to her." so... I did. I said, " oh, you will get to be in the room with my daughter, she is legally blind." Then Stephanie said, "Lilah? My husband volunteers with her and was telling me all about her. I want to be in there with her. I am legally blind, too. I have congenital Nystagmus." I immediately reached out and hugged her. I told her how I loved that she would be in there with her. I told her that I noticed her eyes, and I think they are beautiful.

Here was this beautiful Mother of two, happily wanting to serve the Lord, AND she was going to volunteer in the room with my girl.

My classroom in across the hall from Lilah's. So, I can watch Lilah through the window and see how she is doing while serve.

Last night I saw Stephanie and Lilah talking , playing, coloring, and God was working in them both....and in me. I shared with many of the volunteers what had happened. Many who have known me for years. Many who have watched me on this path, prayed for AND with me. Many who have shed tears right along with me.

I realized last night that the more I study and stay close to God, the more I am able to see these gifts. I am able to witness His story...unfolding one beautiful word after another.

Last night Jesus showed me how He had planned all of this, but I had to wait and be patient. He showed me that if I allow Him to work in me, through me, and Lilah, He would reveal some magnificent wonders for us.

I am so glad I was present last night. I was open, listening, and waiting for God to show up. I pray and ask Him daily to show His face to me.

Last night, when I least expected it...He did.


Through my good days and my horrible days, I have remained ever faithful. Some days I don't understand why. Some days I cry out in agony....but when I keep praying that He will help me to trust Him...sure enough....on HIS time.....He displays wonders that are meant just for me.


Thank you God!!! Thank you!

3 comments:

Julie Sheehan said...

That is very cool!!!

I was out of town and couldn't be at church this weekend. You want to know what I missed ... being in class with Lilah!! Such a precious little girl.

laurie b said...

Thank you for sharing your blessings, KT! I am so grateful that you were able to witness HIS glory! GOD has a plan for all of us and Saturday, you were able to see some of that plan for Lilah and for you! PRAISE GOD for HIS mighty ways! Looking forward to seeing you tonight! Love you!

Logger said...

AMEN and AMEN. It is really amazing how little those of us who can......do not see. Good on you girl!! bbzzzzzzzzzzzz