"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

She is REALLY getting it

Today was a day FULL of packing and last minute cleaning and preparing for our VERY first family trip to see my sister, Allison, in New England. The last time we went to see her Alex was 2, Sammie was a baby and Eli and Lilah were not even born yet. Over 6 years!

Today was one of those days SO full...a 3.2 mile run, editing, 2 therapies for Lilah, packing, cleaning, making sure all loose ends are tied up.


Joey, Lilah's GA Pines representative, made SEVERAL comments about how impressed she was that Lilah was REALLY communicating with me. She would sign one of two words, then try to make a sound for the third, or do several combinations of that. I guess being in it, I don't see the improvements as fast as the therapists who see her once or twice a month.


Tonight after a MUCH needed pool break, I was rocking Lilah and reading her a book...then I did my "normal." I prayed with and FOR her and then began to sing the song I made for her when she was just weeks old...

Nothing fancy about this song....nothing rhyming or perfect...just my heart about her...to her(each one of my children has a song that I made up for them and sing nightly before they go to bed...something I started when Alex was in my belly and continued with all of them)

So, I was singing...(set to the lullaby)
"Lilah Bird, Lilah Bird,
how I love my Lilah Bird
My sweet angel
sent from Heaven to me
Lilah Bird, Lilah Bird
you are my girl,
Lilah Bird, Lilah Bird,
You are my world"

So, when I got to the part of "My Sweet Angel" Lilah said.."swee"

No joke....out of the blue, I have NEVER heard those sounds..together...and she did it as I was singing her song....

To me, THAT was God speaking to me...
"Katie, I am here. I am listening. I see how hard you work. I see your tears. I see your pain. I am holding those tears and I am using them. Here is my gift to you. Your daughter singing along with you"

And at THAT moment...I praised HIM...

Our God, is an AWESOME God!

No comments: