"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A little story from today..

Before I went on my run this morning, the laundry called...the normal 2 loads per day was now at 4..and I knew what would happen if I didn't attack some of it early on. So, I left later than I had hoped to leave, but was still able to get the 4 miles in. (I get more and more nervous as the weeks go by, and the weekend miles add up, as I train for my first full, 26.2 mile, marathon)

I quickly showered when I came home, got the kids in the car, and we made our way to Aaron's work. Got his pay stub then went to the SS office for Lilah's review. Honestly, I am VERY glad I had an appointment and it wasn't as painful as I was expecting...and the kids...YES, all 4, were really good.

So, I loaded the kids back in the car and proceeded back home where Tara, Lilah's OT with BCW(Babies Can't Wait) came a few minutes later.

I decided to show Tara the videos of Lilah in the pool(check out the posts below) She said, "WOW!" Then she told me to keep it up and how she thought the pool was an incredible dorm of therapy for everyone, but especially Lilah.

It was getting close to lunch time, and I could tell Lilah was fading some, so I asked Tara, as Lilah crawled to the kitchen, if I could go ahead and give her some lunch and she could work on spoon feeding with her. Well, Lilah took the spoon and fed herself the cottage cheese and Tara said, "look at you!"

Now, Lilah isn't perfect with it, but she is doing it. She is doing the best she can to place the spoon as near to the bowl, or in the bowl, as she can. She did such a great job!

Tara told me how "INCREDIBLY impressed" she was with Lilah. She said, "every time I come, she is always doing something new."

This Mama Bear is very proud of her little girl!

So, as the younger two nap and the older two are calling my name...we will be getting ready for our pool trip today...

Might as well use it...let the older three play and have fun...and Lilah does her own therapy and loves it.

Please keep praying for her. Your prayers ARE working and she IS improving a little more each day. Please continue to pray for her eyes. The patching is working( at least I believe so)

Thank you SO much!

1 comment:

laurie b said...

My constant prayers are with you and your family, KT! Lilah's pool therapy is awesome! What a smart mamabear to know that taking them is more than just fun time. The videos are awesome and she is doing FABULOUS! Once again, GOD knew what he was doing when he gave you to Lilah. I love you!