"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Eyes of my children

Obviously with Lilah's eye conditions I am VERY into eyes. I spend a great deal of time looking into the eyes of almost everyone I meet.

I decided to give you a glimpse of the beautiful eyes of ALL of my children.


First, Alex's gorgeous brown eyes. This beauty has the heart of GOLD. She thinks of others and loves so deep and so pure. Her laughter will send you into immediate giggles! Out of 4 children, thank goodness I have one that look just like her Mama.

Next, my Sassy little Sammie. Spunky, outgoing and fun...this one keeps me on my toes. She is incredibly smart and yes, you can see the "fun" in her eyes. (or the careful, I am mischievous. hehehehe)

Next are Eli's handsome eyes. So full of wonder, and interest. My little man is ALL boy! What a sweet soul he is. Always caring and protecting his sisters, but especially Lilah. Even though they both wear floaties in the pool, he still finds Lilah and says, "let me help you."




And without further delay, here is a picture from just a few minutes ago that I took of Lilah's eyes.

Do you see the clarity?
Do you see how BLUE they are?

Do you remember how WHITE they were?

Yes, there is some cloudiness, and if you look closely you can see how her eyes don't sparkle exactly like her older siblings. But, what you can see is the miracle in her.

There is NO denying God, His awesome power, and strength when you look in Lilah's eyes.

Remember, Lilah was BLIND at birth. Remember, Dr.D said she would need MULTIPLE corneal transplants and she would still be blind due to glaucoma. Remember that Lilah has NEVER had a surgery on her eyes. Remember that there really is NO explanation for how FAST her eyes have cleared. One of my strongest memories was when we went back to see Dr. Lee 8 days after starting the drops and he said, "I have never seen a child's eyes clear this fast." Remember, our God heals. Our God saves. Even in the midst of DAILY pain...I look for HIM as much as I can.


Yes, this is me admitting that I either cry daily, or want to, for things that have happened to my child, BUT...

The song Blessings by Laura Story really puts it into perspective for me...


"What if your blessings come from raindrops

what if your healing comes through tears

what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know Your near

What if the trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise"



Click HERE to hear it. Guarantee you will cry...and you WILL feel Him and feel better. I sure do!







1 comment:

Logger said...

Too bad you didn't show the most beautiful and loving eyes of all...yours Katie. They twinkle, sparkle, shine, and are full of love.