"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

My children are beyond blessed to have a father who wants to spend time with them, play games, dress-up, act crazy, dance, sing, takes them on one-on-one dates, and loves them unconditionally for who they are. Aaron never asks them to be different. He never demands them to push beyond their potential. He is a very present father.

My children are blessed to have a Daddy who has come to know the Lord in a VERY personal way after 15 years as an atheist. Aaron is the first one in the mornings to put the praise music on. He loves to hear Johnny Diaz, The Newsboys, Hillsong United, and more fill our home with worship that will inspire and uplift the family. He prays for and with his children. He serves faithfully at church. He LOVES the children in the room we volunteer in more than anyone would ever know. He takes his role as Division Leader in the classroom VERY seriously. Aaron loves Saturday nights when we serve and worship together at SCC....

This was not always the case. When I met Aaron in 1992, I was entering my freshman year in high school. Aaron never had a LOVE for the Lord back then..it was very much the reverse. So, the first 15 years of our relationship and marriage were some of the toughest times. I was never prepared for all that happened, but....God knew what He was doing because He took our marriage to a place that you make a decision. We decided to fight... and fight hard to save it.

All of that heartache, pain, and frustration wasn't doing us any good. Forgiveness had to come into play. Forgiving for some very, very painful major events, and forgiving each other for the little things that build over the years. This forgiveness led God to bless us with Lilah. One of the greatest gifts we have in our home...


I remember asking God some very hard questions, "Why, after all that I have been through, haven't I suffered enough, why would you allow my child to be born so different, and give her a life full of such pain? God, why would you let this happen? Why Lilah? Why?"

Man, I didn't see it back then. I didn't know that what I was holding in my hands was not only going to bless my marriage, change my perspective, draw me closer to the Lord, but would heal wounds in my heart and my marriage that some would never allow to be healed. All that we went through the first 15 years of our relationship was the road God needed to take us to to prepare our hearts to be the best parents for all of our children, but especially Lilah.

One of the best things that happens in our home several times a day, is when Aaron will enter a room and Lilah will see him and she will start sputtering her lips trying to beat box like her Daddy. The smile on her face....and his.....priceless.

Aaron,
I thank God for you. I thank God for the man you are. I thank HIM for taking us down the road that led us to a much better marriage than we could have ever dreamed. I thank God for the heart you have. I love watching you LOVE the Lord. Watching the passion in your eyes, seeing the change in your heart, and actions...inspires me. I love watching you with our children. I love seeing how the adore you, respond to you, and need you in their lives. I love that your presence and heart is giving them a confidence that no one else can give. I love you very much. I am proud of you. You are an amazing man and a wonderful father. Happy Father's Day.
Always,
Katie



I love you more than you will ever know.

No comments: