"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, February 4, 2011

HUGE accomplishment

After several mornings of finding Lilah soaking wet...

She unzips her sleeper, puts her hands down and removes her diaper. She hates the feeling of being wet. She hates the cold wet diaper. AND she will vocalize "pu...pu" when she has to go number two.

Now, I am quite certain someone is reading this thinking, "Katie, really?!!? You are sharing your daughter's bathroom habits with us?"

Yes, I am! Lilah may not be walking yet, or speaking words you can fully understand, BUT...


Yesterday, I bought her a potty seat that makes noise when she "goes" just to introduce her to it. I put her on it twice last night. She LOVED it. She was happy, smiling, singing, giggling...proud of herself.


So, this morning when I heard her at 6:37 talking in her crib. Again she wet the sheets and had pulled her diaper off. So, I took her to the potty:

and she smiled and sang and we "talked." Eli came around the corner and asked what she was doing. I told him that she was trying to go potty. A few minutes later Lilah started to make the "pu...pu" sound and she did it! She pooped in the potty!! Yes, you read that right! Aaron jumped out of bed and ran in the bathroom. We clapped and cheered sang the potty song,"Poopy in the potty." Lilah was VERY proud of herself.
And she got a little shy...

This got me thinking: I keep hearing "professionals" tell me how Lilah will follow a certain "developmental curve." Really? Let's think about this again for a minute...


My girl isn't walking unassisted yet, talking in sentences, but she is using the potty. I say, "Take THAT!" To all those who say she is delayed and "mildly retarded/globally delayed" or any other term. My girl just figured out how to use the potty, gave me signs and clues to do it, and was VERY proud of herself.

She even got some really sweet kisses and snuggles from her big brother!



None of us know what Lilah WILL do. Only God knows. But...I believe..


Lilah will do it all. I believe it. I have faith in this. I believe God has a MASSIVE purpose for her.
Lilah has opened my eyes to so much and she has taught me to see.
She will knock the socks off of us.
Just you wait and see...
The Lord has plans for her.
I cannot wait to see what He has in store.
Thank you God for today. Thank you for showing me that checking off a box doesn't show her worth, what she really can do, and what she really is...
She is Lilah...and she is AMAZING!



1 comment:

laurie b said...

You can say THAT again..... "Lilah is AMAZING"!!! I am so proud to be her aunt! Congratulations! Always remember how much GOD LOVES YOU & I do too! :)