"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Thursday, February 17, 2011

GREAT news and a VERY happy Lilah

Today we started with Lilah's new PT. I was, quite honestly, VERY nervous, but I prayed and prayed and asked for prayers, and walked in knowing that I am her advocate, I know her best, and I know what she can and cannot do.
Her new PT came out with a student next to her, asked if it was OK that she help. I said, "sure." She asked me what my goals were, and I was very bold. I said, I dislike how this walker hits the back of her feet, gets stuck on her AFOs, and scares her more than motivates her. I said, "I want you to push her. I know you need to. I won't get mad if she cries. I want to be there to help. I won't cry, but I will want to." I told her that I just wanted her to talk to Lilah and prepare her before she does anything to or with her.
She watched Lilah walk and immediately agreed that Lilah needs a new assistive device. WOOOOHOOO! (FINALLY, I am being heard!!)

The new PT said she thinks Lilah needs to go down to an SMO on her left foot, but keep the hinged AFO on her right. (YAY! For small little improvements!)The entire time we talked Lilah was very quiet. She was obviously taking it all in. She would work with the new PT, but she didn't babble much. I wondered what she thought of all of this and then...

She went to work with Sarah, her OT. By the expressions on her face, the laughter in her voice, and her good mood, I would say that Lilah is happy with the changes....
and she really loves Sarah. But, don't take my word for it. Just watch this:




Don't you just LOVE that Sarah praises her, motivates her, and allows Lilah to be herself?!! ME too!!

4 comments:

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

What a sweet laugh! What an encouraging session! Good job mom :)

Katie said...

I heart Lilah

Unknown said...

Just found your blog through family connect. Love your pictures! Love the joy of a mama giving it her all for a sweet little girl!

laurie b said...

PRAISE GOD!! Thank you, Father, for giving Lilah some wonderful therapists! Thank you for giving her a fantastic Mama who will ask for what Lilah needs since she can't. Thank you that Katie is so hands-on that she knows Lilah and sees her capabilities. Thank you that WE were brought up Logsdon's and persevere! You are such a loving, caring GOD and I'm so grateful for you......I know Katie is too! :)