"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lilah's Tea Pot

Trying to get Lilah to communicate with us is often very frustrating to us, but more to her. I see the look in her eyes that she really wants to. I know she wants and needs to tell me something, but can't.

After months of Speech Therapy, and many, many , many repetitions from Mommy...something happened today.

I could barely control my emotions. My body didn't know whether to praise, laugh, cry, or cheer.

I have been singing "I'm a little Tea Pot" for Lilah about a million times a day. After the first four times, she would bend her body because she liked the "tip me over and pour me out" part.

At lunch today, I began to sing to Lilah. And when I was done I said my normal, "Again?" and then it happened...

"ADA" she said.

My heart leapt...
"I'm a little tea pot..." I began to sing again, voice half shaking, eyes filling with tears.

My girl understood me. She did. She spoke to me what she wanted.

I bet I sang I'm a little Tea Pot 50 times. Each times she would vocalize something, move her body at the end, and shake her arms for me to dance.

As I sit here and type this I am just in AWE of God. When I feel the saddest and the most lonely, HE shows me that HE is right here with us, holding our hands as we walk the paths of Holland together.

I remember being happy that my older three hit milestones, spoke, walked, etc...but this is different. If you only knew what it is like to watch your child try with ALL of their might to do something...cry big, fat, rain-drop sized tears, you would understand why I cannot control myself when she does something. I must shout it from the rooftops!

God showed me HIS face today...in the face of my little blonde beauty as she held her hands out and danced and said, "ADA" for me to sing it again.

Man, God is amazing!

"ADA!"

1 comment:

Teri D said...

God is so very good! I love following this beautiful little gift. Thank you for sharing her with us!