"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Communication

I have been wondering...ok, let's get real here... I have been dying.... to hear my little angel speak. Dying to have her communicate with me on what she wants to eat, drink, more, again, does it hurt, are you happy, do you feel loved, do you know I love you more than I could ever explain in words or emotions...and much more.


Slowly this gift of mine is opening her mouth and letting sweet sounds out. The other day, clear as can be, "Ada" (sounding more like "ahhDahh") came out when I asked her if she wanted me to sing the song again.


Well, yesterday in the car I could hear her behind me trying to relieve herself in her diaper, then she began to whimper. "Lilah, are you ok baby?" I asked.

She got more frustrated.

I said, "Lilah, did you go poop?"

And she said it, "baba"

I said," We will be home in just a minute and I get that poopy off."

Lilah grabbed her diaper with both hands and said it again, "baba"


So...ignore the descriptiveness of this post and the "wrong" sound she made....and see this for the beauty that it is...


My girl went poop, hated the feeling of being in it, and communicated to me by pulling at it with her hands and her "baba" to get the nasty thing off of her.


I am praising God for this little moment of understanding. I am grateful that her brain is comprehending me. I am grateful that no matter the sound that comes out...there is something. I am grateful that my girl is smart enough to know that she wants that nasty poop off her bum.

See, when you are given the gift of a child like mine, you refuse to take anything...ANYTHING...for granted. Each and every sound, cry, laugh, tear, pain, and triumph is God showing you HIS existence in the face of your child.

Thank you, Lord, for choosing me...for her. I am humbled by this experience and pray that I will honor YOU and Lilah, and my family, with all that I do and say. Glory to God!!

No comments: