"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

For her

On Lilah's 2nd birthday, 11/25/10 Thanksgiving, I ran my first 10K. I ran the 10K portion of the Ten Can run. We pay to race and give 10 cans of food for the Lighthouse Ministry for my Church, Savannah Christian Church.
Lilah inspires me to do things I would have NEVER done before.
Each step I ran, each time I felt tired and began to slow up...I thought of Lilah.
I pictured her face as she learned to crawl and would scream out of fear. I pictured her face as she learned to stand. I saw the image of her tears as she took her first steps with her walker...and I pushed. I knew that if she could fight that hard...so could I.

I ran my first 10K in 60:43. Sixty minutes and 43 seconds. Not too shabby for a first timer.

Me and my inspiration, Lilah, right after I crossed the finish line.
Thank you, Lilah, for pushing me to do better, be better, try new things, continue to fight, and NEVER give up. I love you SO, very much Lilah!

No comments: