"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Friday, December 10, 2010

Attacking this fear with TRUTH

Today as I type this post, I am reminding myself what I have committed to do from the very beginning...tell the truth. I refuse to type things I do not believe. I refuse to cover things up just to "make face", have someone else see how "strong" I am, or pretend that I can do this.

See, I cannot. No, I cannot. But, Christ can..and HE guides me on this journey every step I take.

Here is where the honesty gets real.... I believe that by being transparent, placing my entire heart and being on this blog, I am honoring God. I do not do fake. I cannot "fake it til I make it." it's not me. It's not who I am.

Right now...I am fearful. My husband is fearful. We are under attack from Satan. So, before you click away from my blog because you think"yep, she's one of those nuts" ....hear me out....

We are honoring the Lord by serving HIM during this Christmas season. When many people are buying gifts, working and making more money....we have placed HIM first. We have forgiven people who have pained us deeply, we have done for others, I have limited my sessions to place the needs of my family first which has allowed Aaron to serve as a Roman Soldier in the Journey at Savannah Christian. Well, Satan is MAD. An ex-atheist doing the Lord's work and his wife, trusting and loving God even when it's painful. Nope, Satan won't have it. So, he has begun his attack again.

Aaron is worried that we "did" this to Lilah. I am worried that the I did this to my girl. I am worried that I am not doing enough for her.

Do you know where worry comes from? Not from God. I have allowed Satan to creep back in and spread his lies again.

Uggggggg...

So, I am ready to do battle. I am armed with the truth.

Lilah is "fearfully and wonderfully made"
Lilah is HIS creation
Lilah is amazing

"Therefore I tell you, stop being perpetually uneasy(anxious and worried) about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall dink; or about your body, or what you shall put on. Is not life greater(in quality) than food, and the body(far above and more excellent) than clothing?...And who of you by worrying and being anxious can add one unit of measure(cubit) to his stature or to the span of his life?" Matthew 6:25,27

And more armor...

"My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; Fir they are the life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh." Proverbs 4:20-22


And from the book and devotional I am reading in Battlefield of the mind by Joyce Meyer:
"God of all peace, help me to recognize and enjoy Your presence in my life and to be thankful for all Your blessings. Don't let me waste my life worrying about things that only YOU can control. In the name of Jesus, I ask YOU to free me from worry. Amen"

No comments: