"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Lilah has improved SO much!!

I have to be VERY honest...this morning I was feeling VERY sorry for myself. Today was the annual MOPS ornament exchange. I miss MOPS so much. I miss my ladies. I miss my friends. I miss the conversations. I miss the hugs, the love, the prayers, the support. On so many occasions I feel so lonely that I can just cry. I gave up MOPS at SCC this year for Lilah. I put her needs above mine. I traded my MOPS day for Lilah's full therapy day.

This life is NOT about me. It is NOT about my desires, my wants, my hopes, my dreams. I am the Lord's servant and Lilah was given to me. I have been entrusted with her and her care. I must do for her, for my other three, and Aaron before myself.

I am obeying God by placing my children and my family above me. They are my first ministry and my first priority after HIM.


My sacrificing has paid off TEN-FOLD! Here is what sacrificing has done:


THIS is what Lilah did today after she ROCKED it at therapy!!



I know I have made the right choice!

5 comments:

gg said...

The video brought tears to my eyes...yes, you made the right choice!!!

Lydia said...

Good job Lilah! She was booking it! :-)

Carrie and Scott said...

Wow! Look at her...and listen to her encouraging loving mom! Tears of joy Katie. You are amazing. So proud of Lilah Bird! Merry Christmas! Love, Carrie

My So-Called Life said...

Love that, Katie. Thank you for sharing such private moments.

A Scattering said...

She's flying! What a Christmas blessing. You work so hard with Lilah, you both deserve this success. God bless.