"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the holy spirit."

~Romans 15:13

Monday, November 29, 2010

Honesty

Normally when I take pictures of Lilah, I only display the ones where her eyes are looking at the camera, or ones that show her improvement. Normally, I try to focus on what is improving, rather than what needs "fixing" or "repairing."

The clarity of Lilah's eyes is AMAZING. NO other explanation than God. None. Sorry all atheists and unbelievers...THIS clarity...yep, ALL God!

So, here is a picture I took today that I couldn't wait to share:

I have been trying for months to get THIS shot with Lilah. I have asked MANY of my fellow (much more knowledgeable) photographers about what they think would be the best way to get this shot for Lilah. Understand, Lilah takes more patience, more care, more time to photograph...I am thrilled to show you how GREAT her eyes look!


NOW...for the HONESTY

Many have asked WHY we patch. First we began to patch because Lilah's right eye had barely, if any, clarity, and Dr. Greenberg thought we were going to "lose" her right eye. (meaning, her brain would think it didn't function so it would cut it off from working) So, we patched so that her right eye could focus and work on getting light to it so we could "save" it. Now we patch to keep from having to do surgery on her right eye because it turns in so much. Well, Lilah's right eye is VERY weak. The muscles in her right eye are not strong enough to hold her eye in the proper alignment. I am going to show you what her right eye does when she is tired, its too bright, and/or...sometimes.

I am asking for those of you that follow this blog, that are close to me, that see me FIGHT with Lilah to keep her patch on....to HELP me...her patches will prevent surgery. PLEASE help me PATCH her. PLEASE help me to stop her from taking them off. 5 hours, each and everyday...we patch to TRY to save this eye....The MORE we patch the LESS chance of surgery and the MORE we can fight...

So, without further delay...


She's still beautiful, isn't she?
And YES, that left eye is near PERFECT!

***PLEASE pray. PLEASE for STRENGTH for her right eye. I believe, and KNOW, that prayers change things. Prayers are answered daily. Prayers help us keep our focus on HIM and remove ourselves from it. I believe that HE can and will heal her. LOOK at what HE has already done. Please pray, pass on the prayers. If patching can prevent surgery, or the need for multiple surgeries, than why not? Thank you, in advance, for the prayers...whether they are answered with a yes or a no. I know that the Lord will use Lilah for HIS greater good***

6 comments:

nancy said...

Not sure if you have ever seen Ty's eyes. He has nystagmus and one of his eyes goes in pretty far. We have never patched though. Good luck

Charity said...

She's a beautiful little girl in either pic! She's going to be so grateful for all of your hard work with the patching one day!

laurie b said...

Lilah is truly a "beautiful child of GOD", Katie! Whatever is meant to happen, will happen. However, all the hard work YOU do to prevent any surgeries and to help get the best possible results shows all the strength and love that you have. Lilah is one lucky girl to have a Mommy as fabulous as you!
P.S. Miracles happen everyday and I will continue to pray for ya'll! I love you so much! Laurie :)

allison said...

WOW!!! Look at that clarity!! Thank YOU for the clarity so I can be specific in my prayers! She is such a pretty girl and I can't wait to get my arms wrapped around her!! CAN"T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!

Christy Flusche said...

I LOVE your blog! I have been reading for a long time and find you to be the most encouraging, strong, honest, and determined mother. Lilah is such a witness to everyone who reads this. She is nothing short of amazing. I pray that your patching will help with her muscles. I had surgery on my eye muscles when I was 1 and 2. I also was patched for about one year as a toddler. My surgeries were very successful. I even had one 5 yrs ago and it was also successful. Just wanted to give you some hope. Keep up your amazing work! Thank you for your honesty and faithfilled words. May God continue to bless you and Lilah:)

Lisa Christine said...

I love the colors in those photographs....they really show off her beautiful blue eyes!